Chapter 17: I Think I Blew Up My Kitchen

[AN: I hope this chapter comes out as cute as I want it to. Oh Nialler and Ammie. I’ve become so fond of them…]

[NIALL’S POV]

Was steak supposed to bubble like that? Or turn blue? And why wouldn’t the butter melt on my mashed potatoes? Maybe if I stick them in the microwave. I picked up the bowl swiftly sticking it in. How long should I cook it? Five minutes? Sounds about right. After starting the microwave I picked up my phone dialing Nora.

“Hello?” a male voice answered.

“Louis?” I asked staring at the phone in confusion. “Why are you answering Nora’s phone?”

“Because Nora is busy with Carrie trying to convince Ammie to come to your place for dinner.”

“I thought she already agreed. I have dinner all ready. This was going to be my chance to win her back.” I was in full blown panic mode. This couldn’t work if she didn’t even come.

“Niall calm down!” Louis snickered.

“Are you laughing at me?”

“Yes.” Well I can’t blame the lad for being honest.

“Louis, this is the MOST important night of my life! I’m putting it all out there for her. If she says no then I have nothing.” There was a loud boom that sounded from the kitchen. “Just a minute Lou.”

“What was that?” he asked as I raced into the kitchen. The microwave door had burst open and mashed potato covered every inch of wall and counter space. Maybe five minutes was too long.

“Lou, I think I blew up my kitchen.”

“Stop exaggerating Nialler.”

“No. Seriously. My kitchen is covered in potato. I need to talk to Nora NOW!”

“Just a minute. Do yout hink you could whip up something tomorrow to feed maybe fifteen people?”

“Lou, what part of ‘my kitchen is covered in potato’ don’t you get?”

“Thanks Niall,” he said cheerily before promptly hanging up. Well that was completely unhelpful. Why didn’t he just put Nora on the phone? I don’t have any more potatoes. I grabbed a spatula and started scraping mashed potato off the wall. It would just have to do, I guess.

[AMMIE’S POV]

“I don’t want to be here,” I pouted.

“Just suck it up Ammie,” Nora said shoving me to the front door.

“You will love it,” Carrie chimed in. “Trust me.”

“The girl who cyberstalked her own boyfriend is talking to me about trust?!?” I snapped. Carrie’s eyes flashed with hurt. “I’m sorry Carrie. I didn’t mean that.”

“No, you’re right,” Carrie replied smiling at me. “I have no right to dictate to you about trust in a relationship.”

“Carrie, please,” I begged. “I really didn’t mean it.”

“It’s okay,” she smiled. “You are right. I don’t know a lot about trust, but I do know about second chances. Give Niall this one chance to fix things.” I wanted to, but how could I believe him again? My eyes strayed to Nora.

“Just one more chance,” Nora pled. “At least get his explanation. He deserves that at least.” Then before I could speak Nora reached over and rang the doorbell. “Have fun!” I just stood there flabbergasted as the door behind me opened.