Chapter 13

After their study session, Ivan invited Asterin to come with him on a stroll through the city. She immediately agreed and got dressed.

She informed her mum about it and left with Ivan

She informed her mum about it and left with Ivan. She saw Ivan grabbing his bicycle and frowned.

   "Would you like a ride Miss. Moon?" He asked.

   "Yes." She chuckled.

   He gave her his element and she put it on her head. She sat behind him and gripped onto his Tshirt. 

   "Trust me. You won't fall don't worry. Hold on," he lifted his hand in the air and signed.

    He started cycling and she held onto his Tshirt tighter as she looked both sides. Eventually, she loosened her grip and smiled as she started to enjoy the ride. Ivan cycled through the roads dodging any vehicle that passed by.

    "Ice cream!!!" She exclaimed as she saw an ice cream truck on the way.

     Immediately Ivan stopped and she got down. She quickly ran up to it as Ivan pushed the cycle behind her.

   "Can I have Chocolate, Vanilla and butterscotch three in one please?" She asked the ice cream man and he shook his head.

   Ivan put the cycle on the stand and stood beside her.

    "I'll get the same. Will it be nice?"

    "Yessss!"

    The two ate the ice cream happily like two kids on Sunday morning. They both chuckled seeing ice cream on each other's face and wiped their face with a tissue once they were done.

    "I'm paying," Ivan said stopping Asterin. 

    She hesitated but eventually agreed when she saw how determined he looked. After that, they got on the cycle and took a ride through Miami. There was no use of Ivan trying to tell her about places so he just let her see them quietly.

     "Ivan! Ivan! Stop!" Asterin yelled when she saw a book store on their way back.

   "I wanna buy some books," She said while she got off.

   He nodded and parked in front of the shop. She wandered off into the shop and strolled down the aisle of book. She picked up five books and paid for them. After that, they decided to walk for a while. Ivan pushed the cycle as he walked along with Asterin by the pavement. Asterin abruptly stopped upon seeing a shop. She reread the sign once again to double-checked if she was right.

    Ivan patted Asterin slightly and she turned to look at him

   "Aiden works here," she simply said.

   "Who?"

  "Aelin's twin brother, Aiden works here. He's my friend. "

   "Oh."