Chapter 35

"Lemme take you on a date," Aiden said while they were washing the dishes.

    It had been three days since they got discharged from the hospital. Asterin's had invited Aiden and his mum for dinner. After a good conversation over dinner, they realized Aiden and his mum were good company and that that their daughter absolutely adored Avery too.

   "But we hang out a lot. Aren't those dates?" Asterin asked and faced him.

   "Well yes but I want this to be formal. I know we agreed that we don't go on fancy dates and spend a lot of money but now that we are officially accepted by your family, can I take you out?"

   "I would love that."

   He nodded and turned off the faucet.

   They dried their hands off and went outside.  They saw their parents having a conversation while Alex sat in a corner with his phone while smiling to himself.

   "I think my brother is in love," Asterin said with her hand on her hips.

   "But wouldn't he have told you?

   "Yes, he would but just look at him. This is not the first time I found him distracted on his phone and smiling like an idiot. It has to be a girl."

   "Did you ask him?"

   "Yes. He said it's just his internet friend. But I don't think they are just friends."

   "Are you sure it's a girl?"

   "He didn't mention it. He said he has many internet friends both male and female."

   "Maybe it's just a friend."

   "We needa get his phone."

   "How are we gonna do that?"

   "I have a plan."

    That night they hide Alex's phone when he went to use the restroom. When he came out, Asterin bugged him to go drop Avery at home. Just as he was about to leave he realized his phone wasn't with him.

   "Go leave her and come. I'll try searching for it by the time," Asterin said.

   "But I need it."

   "It's only gonna take few minutes to go drop her and come. You won't use your phone anyways. Just go fast and comeback. Aiden and I will look for it."

   He hesitated for a minute and then nodded. Asterin waited for a few minutes before she spoke.

   "Mum, Dad, I need you to guard the coast. If Alex comes, lemme know. I will explain everything afterwards. Don't ask me anything now," she said and went to her room with Aiden.

   They took Alex's phone and Asterin typed in her name and his date of birth which was his password. The phone unlocked successfully revealing his wallpaper. It was a picture taken when they were little. Alex had his arm around her and she gave a flying kiss to the camera. Aiden went in Awe seeing this. Asterin opened his text box and she went through his messages. Unfortunately, there was nothing there. Then she got an Instagram notification. She clicked it and saw chats with an account named @sasha_addison08. Asterin scrolled through the texts curiously.

   "Look!! Gosh, they flirt a lot," she told Aiden as they went through the text.

   "They even have nicknames," Aiden said peeping over her shoulders and reading the texts along with her.

   Asterin stopped when she saw the three words she was looking for.  "Oh my gosh, Sasha told Alex she's in love with him," Asterin said and nudged Aiden even though he already saw it.