Chapter 17

By the time they woke up, it was 7:30 pm. They decided to go out, grab something to eat and explore the city a little. When they came back it was already 9:00. After that, they freshened up and settled to watch a movie. Aiden and Asterin took the same bed. Since Ivan didn't wanna watch five feet apart they ended up watching The avengers on TV. Eventually, by the end of the film, Ivan was already asleep. 

   "Shall we watch Five feet apart now?" Aiden asked.

   "Yes. You turn on the movie.  I'll just go pee and come."

   Asterin quickly ran into the bathroom and finished her business. She stopped by the mirror and stared at her reflection.

    Now how am I going to see this movie when I can't hear a thing, She wondered. She only watches movies with subtitles.  She sighed and washed her face with water before drying herself off and walking outside to find Aiden on the bed with a big bowl of popcorn in his hand.

   "Oh my gosh, you are the best!!" She plopped down beside him and stuffed a hand full of popcorn down her throat.  Aiden played the movie and to her luck, it did had subtitles. Throughout the movie, Asterin was in Awe and tears. By the end of the movie, she was crying bitterly.

    "Nooooooooo don't leave her. Will come back!" She yelled.

   Ivan startled up and looked around. He sighed and rolled his eyes. The two love birds hadn't realized they had woken him up. He ignored them and went back to sleep. Aiden hesitated a bit but eventually put his arm around her to comfort her. He knew she would cry so he had a box of tissues ready. He passed gave it to her and she took it gratefully. After a while, she stopped and pulled away feeling awkward and embarrassed.

   "S-sorry."

   "Hey, it's okay. I cried when I watched it too."

    Asterin phone started to vibrate in her pocket. She pulled it out and saw a call from Alex.

   Why is he calling when I told him not to? She wondered.

   "I gotta take this." She quickly got up and took a seat on the couch so that Aiden couldn't see her brother signing at her.

   She swiped up and before her brother could say something she said,  "I'm with Aiden and Ivan is asleep."  Aiden found it weird that she would say something like that as soon as she picked up the phone. He just shook his head and shrugged it off.

    "Okay. Wait a second Lemme put mom and dad on the call too," he signed as he spoke.

    "What's the matter? Anything happened?"

    He didn't reply which made her panic a little. Her parent's face came up on the screen and immediately all three of them started singing while Alex signed the words.

    "Happy Birthday to you. Happy birthday to you.  Happy birthday Rinny bear. Happy birthday to you."

   "Oh my gosh is it really my birthday!!! I almost forgot!! What?? Oh my gosh thank you, guys."

   "Happy birthday Asterin!!"

   "Hey!! So this is why ya'll didn't want me to go on this trip," she said.

    "Guilty." Her dad said.

    She chuckled. 

   "Well, I'll be there on Monday. So we'll celebrate. "

    "Rinny bear remember I gave you a box of cereals for your breakfast."

   "Oh my Gosh don't - I - what!?"