Chapter 7

A/N: this youtuber is gudddd omg

Ps: I may not be uploading too much- I'm working on something really really really important rn so... IM SO SORRYYYY

-•-
  The girl was being eaten alive by the undulating shadows, screaming but whispery.

The velvety black thing trapped her in its embrace, but not before solidifying into a kryuguke with a host of yrukuge swirling around it, hissing in hunger as their prey struggled.

But there was a morbid sort of beauty in the way these creatures moved themselves, clumsy yet graceful, childish and yet so evil, the swirling oily blackness slick and rough to the touch, eating the innocent and evil alike.

For these were the spirits of the Lost Ones brought back to life by Him and Her and The Boy in conjunction, stealing the life away from the cities, putting the lights in several homes out.

But the stars fought the Black Thing with a vengeance alongside the good and the bad.

For all unite as one to die, after all.

-•-

  Alexis bolted upright screaming. Dee, or Helena now, rushed into the room.

  The shadows seemed to swirl a little as the girl exited the room. Alexis breathed out shakily, rolled over and tried to sleep.

-•-

  I slumped on the counter, fiddling with the edge of my apron. No business today... should I knock off early? But then there was the usual customer who would come at around now...
The tinkling sound of the bell sounded and I straightened, looking up to see a group of cute boys, pushing against each other and acting the fool. I mentally licked my lips. Cute boy buffet.

(OC ALERTTTTT)

The lead boy walked up to me. He had dark brown hair that fell to his shoulders, light tan skin and the most dreamy grey eyes I had ever seen in my life paired with a grey hoodie and jeans.
I squealed internally. Like, YASSSSS!
  'Hey...'- he paused for awhile to check my name tag- 'Susanne. Could we have 5 black coffees, 2 milk teas, 1 mocha with x6 sugar, a berry smoothie, 10 plates of breakfast pancakes, a chicken pie and... uh- what'd Tim want again Ben?'

  A blonde guy with headphones on and green eyes wearing a green triforce shirt with sweatpants replied,' Umm... 12 slices of cheesecake and a pineapple pizza slice.'
  The guy repeated, '... and 12 slices of cheesecake and a pineapple pizza slice.'

  I looked at him. I was shooketh. 'That will be... 108.64 dollars. Cash or debit?'

  'Cash.'

  He leaned over the counter and questioned me quietly as he took out a wad of cash, 'Is there someone named Helena who works here? I'm her... friend.'
  The way he said friend suggested that he had a sorta troubled past with her or something. I SENSE ANGST.

  I sighed. 'Wait a second while I get your order ready. Helena will serve it to you.'

Timeskip cuz I'm too lazyyyyyy

  I watched as Helena dished the food out onto the table and then slid into the overcrowded booth seat.
  She started talking with them and the boy who asked after her started gesticulating with his hands wildly, hitting a boy with chocolate hair and green eyes.
  I turned away as they started to argue. Ain't my problem.

-•-
  'Helena you have to understand-!'
  'WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK Y'ALL ARR DOING?!? Barging in on my SHIFT and warning me, "oh, shadow demons are coming! RUNNNN!!!"' She whisper-shouted.