Chapter 8

The flowers cut into the shadows, drawing translucent grey goo with golden flakes undulating inside. The darkness howled and thrashed, magnificent in its childish brutality, the way that it grasped onto every scrap of love and beauty with a vengeance, consuming and growing.
The flowers cut my throat- scraping, drawing blood, but healing. The injuries sealed the moment they were there, but the incisions remained deep in my psych, digging and seeding their fear.

The darkness seeped into the floor, blood and all, leaving behind a mangled mess of humans, demons and their offspring alike- child, adult and teen. Their eyes rolled sickeningly, jaws lolling in a macabre smile. Thick, reddish black blood burst like fat worms from their decayed skin and pooled on the glass like marble floor. The monster, the thing arose in its wild majesty, healed but... different. It beamed in its benevolence, frowned in its beauty and wept in the coldness of its soul.

For all made of the sinful hands of Her, Him and the Boy were forced to consume, to destroy and to love.

For who could go forever without hate driving it?

-•-

———
[the following clip is taken from an apartment owned by (y/n) at 23dS-8:2, 7th floor, fourth unit at 21:43]

(y/n) sits up in bed. Sweeps her hair back from her forehead and gets up, goes out of the room.

While she is gone, a note slips from the window and falls to the floor.

(y/n) comes back in. Notices the camera in the corner.

While walking over to the camera, she notices the note. She picks it up. Reads it. She seems shocked.

She puts the note down before coming over. Raises her hand and brings it down.

[the screen fizzles to static. The next clip is by an unknown girl. The location is unknown.]

The girl is singing. Her shoulders are shaking as she pushes herself on the swing.

An unknown force pushes her higher. She starts to scream, not in pain but in a fierce joy.

She picks the camera up. Faces it to her.

"Recognise me, father dear?"

She smiles cruelly. The recording stops.

———

I off the camera before looking at Toby. 'That's Felix, isn't she? How did she even get my camera? And who's the other chick- (y/n)? When did I leave my camera in her fucking room?!'

Toby shrugs. His head snaps to the side as he replied, 'I dunno Hoodie. You could ask Ben.'
  I jumped up. 'Let's go interrogate that elf.'

  We walked in on him playing Roblox. He was screaming into a mic set that 'no you Russian idiot how are we supposed to do this I don't know don't ask me' and that he should quote unquote 'commit necksnap'.
  I cleared my throat. 'Ben. We need your nerdiness.'

  He turned around with this creepy ass smile on his jerk-ass face. 'About time,Brian. About time.'

-•-
  I hate my face when I cry. It gets all scrunched up and red and I start to gasp like I lost my breath.

  To be honest, I like to keep my crying to a bare minimum, and if it's absolutely necessary, it'll be at most barely audible.

  Because, again- who cares about me?

-•-

A/N: I'm so so so sorry for this short chapter- I'm just really tired- physically, that is. This book may be on hiatus for awhile as I try to upgrade my writing style.

DONTGETMADPLES-!

#commitnecksnapppp