Chapter 12

HA look at me getting into the mood

Atlas's POV
  I fingered my scars, frowning as I pulled my scarf up. I pushed my round wire-rimmed glasses up my nose, glaring at the physics book in front of me. My fingers tapped incessantly on the table, calming me down some.
  The filtered green light from the window fell on the pages, dust swirling around the pages. I slammed the book shut in frustration, thinking about the disgust, fear and horror on (Y/N)'s face as she'd first looked at me. I groaned.

  I got up, pacing the room. This was not the first time, but... I was very touchy about my face, even after corrective surgery by Smiley. I hated that even though Jeff was my friend, he shielded the girl from me, as if I was the monster.
I groaned as I stood up and stretched, ready to go visit Helena. I shook my head. Still couldn't believe that she hid her true name from us...

At de ward

'Hey...' I sat down at her bedside, fiddling with my scarf. I still blamed myself for letting her fight Him by herself, but it was done. He had almost tore her into half by the time Jeff had arrived to save her. I still remembered the desperate screaming... The light seemed to waver as the young oaks outside rustled their leave son the cool February breeze.
'Hey,' I tried again. 'Jeff has a new friend now. Can you believe that?' I stifled a sob. I didn't want to break the news to her. 'They... they're together. But he still visits! He visits every day.... but (Y/N) is such a nice girl. So much like you. So much... like you.'

I paused to wipe a tear off my cheek, feeling the scar. My hands dropped the edge of the scarf. I suddenly remembered when I first met Helena, and her resemblance to (Y/N)'s reaction. 'Do you remember when you first met me? You screamed, and fainted. Just like the newbie. We're teaching her, training her up to fight Him.' I stood up, back straight. 'Don't worry. We won't let him do what he did to her. But,' I went, 'but when she smiles, she looks just like you...! I don't know... I don't know.'

Her hand twitched. I gasped. 'H? You awake?'

Her eyes fluttered open as I gaped at her. 'Wa..ter...' I nodded. 'Water... water!'
I grabbed the pitcher off of the dresser and poured her a cup. 'You should rest a bit more. Smiley recommended-!'
'How long?' I stopped my rant. 'What?'

She tried again. Her hands were shaking, neatly folded in her lap.
  'How long have I been out? And I thought... I thought I was normal. I thought that-!' Her voice broke. 'I thought that I was normal.'
  'Oh, H... we just wanted- we just wanted for you to live like anyone else. It was the only thing you really wanted, so we tried to give it to you.'
She laid back, tears streaming down her face as she digested the information. 'Leave... leave me alone. Please?' She whispered as I opened my mouth to answer her. 'I need to think. About Jeff, and (Y/N), and... and the others.' I walked quietly out the room. But before I went, I said, '4 months. You've been out for 4 months. It's February now.'

While heading to Smiley's room, I pondered if she would need therapy. I anything is traumatic, it's getting torn apart by Slendy's alter ego.
I swung his door open. 'Smiley. She's awake.' He looked up, the drawn-on smile seemingly widening. 'Good. She'll have to begin vascular training tomorrow. And tell her..' he cleared his throat. 'Tell her what's been happening, and why we made her see those things. Try not to anger her. Be placid.'

I nodded. 'Shall I alert the others, and Slendy?' I asked as I went out the door. He smiled, nodding. 'They've missed her.'

Jeff's POV
  I was sharing a cup of coffee with (Y/N) when Sarah walked in and dropped a bombshell on us. Me especially.
  (Y/N) was sweetening the once-black coffee into whiteness while I sat nearby, cringing. As I picked the mug up to sip, Sarah walked in. I set the cup down, sweet coffee burning as it went down my throat. I instinctively moved in front of (Y/N), remembering the way Sarah would treat her. 'What do you want, Atlas?'

  She just stood there, stock-still and quiet. When she finally spoke, I got no answers. 'Get everyone. Gather them in the lounge.'
  I scowled. 'Why-?'

  She stormed over and pushed me against the fridge. I heard the glass and plastic bottles inside clink from her force. 'Are you going to question me when I'm like this,' she smirked, 'or have you been taking the wrong meds?'

  The hair that usually veiled the left side of her face had been swept to the side - reserves for when she visited her. I gulped.
  'Let... me... go?' She stared at me. I could see (Y/N) grabbing at her scarf, trying to pull her away. She scoffed and let me down. I thumped to the floor, (Y/N) frozen in shock at the sudden display of strength and violence.

  I cussed as I hauled my sorry ass up. That bitch...

  I turned to (Y/N). 'Help me up?'

Helena's POV
  I sat down in the kitchen, compensating for my weight loss by eating....
  'Seriously, H? Fudge cake?', Sarah remarked as she leaned on the door frame. I frowned. 'What? It's got loads of calories!'
  She scoffed. 'Doctor said to fill your stomach with a proper meal. Not cholesterol, diabetes and shit.'

  I pondered for a second. I'd been surprised and shocked to find out that none of my clothes had fit me, since I was so thin. I couldn't even walk properly due to "vascular degeneration".
  So I was currently wearing a old navy blue sweater with TJ emblazoned on it. I'd forgotten what it meant...

  I thought back to the virtual school I'd been attending. How kind Alexis was, the other kids...
  I shot out of my seat. 'Helena? What're you doing?' Sarah asked nervously.
  I was breathing heavily. 'Alexis... is she here?' I asked. 'What..? H, there isn't any "Alexis" here. H? H!!!'

  I blacked out, hitting the floor with a crunch.

;-;

I'm way too sad and I don't know why