Chapter 14

Y/N
As we cuddled in bed, creepy as it sounds, I sniffed him. I was more than suspicious when I smelt blood, but the others smelt kinda normal. He smelt of blood, wood varnish and some sort of sea salt deodorant. Strangely nice smell.

I was pondering the number of people willing to buy Jeff scented candles when he stirred. 'Where you- smelling me? Wtf..?' He rolled over to face me. I grinned guiltily.

'Um. No?'

He glared, before burying his nose into the crook of my neck. 'Jeff?' I squeaked as he removed his nose. He grinned (wider???) at my awkwardness.

'You smell of caramel and pine sap. Also that weird soap you use to bath.' I scoffed. 'Boy you creep. Get off me.'

I struggled up into a sitting position on the bed(my bed? Jeff's bed?our bed is too freaky), trying to get my balance back. Also thinking about the last time that i ate caramel, or went hiking. I yawned and stretched. 'How long was I sleeping?' I yawned and scratched my head as i stood up. Jeff snorted in laughter when I almost fell down (I literally tripped on his shoes. thanks a lot Jeff...).

'About three hours, give or take. Also,' he added in, 'I was watching you sleep. you drool and talk a lot.' I stared at him. 'What? I couldn't sleep. Also, you look real cute in those pajamas.' I scowled at him. 'Let me live in peace. I'm leaving. Bye!'

He jumped up and chased after me as I went to get some chips and potentially some cookies with milk. Still in my pajamas.

RESPECT-

Atlas POV

I brushed the loose hair off my face as I sat down with a cup of coffee in the living room, Helena beside me. She blew steam off her mug and took a sip. I flinched as my dead eye rolled back in its socket. I tugged my hair down over it and recoiled as a clump fell off. I hurriedly took a sip of coffee to distract myself.

'So...', Helena's voice was like a whisper- kind of raspy and quiet-, 'what's up with the illness?' I groaned. 'It's worse this year. My hair keeps falling out, and i'm having stomach problems. EJ says I might have to go to a hospital, or stop using my powers.' Helena's hands shook on the mug handle as she asked, 'But there's a cure, right? You could get treatment, and maybe get cured. You just have to go to the grand hospital in 143-32hD and get the medicine! And EJ can duplicate it, and you can use your powers again!'

I cut her off gently. 'Helena. you may not understand this until you're as old as me, but this cannot be stopped. My father and mother suffered the same way since she was 24, 2 years younger than me. I've been living for too long already. Even my father, who was so greedy he performed blood magic to live longer... he died in the end. I'm gonna die eventually. Heck, I'm already dying. I'll die in about 9, 10 years from now!' I realised that my voice had been rising and quickly stopped. 

'So I want to live while I still can. I'm not going to worry about some shit medicine. Fuck that! I might as well die.' Helena looked at me sadly. 'Atlas. you're crying.'

I wiped the tears off my face furiously. 'So? It's not like I haven't cried before.' She glared at me. 'Then you're going to die without even trying? Coward.' I glared back at her, snarling. 'Are you trying to pick a fight that you can't win?'

She scoffed. 'With a dying coward? Oh please.' My hand shot out and hit her in her neck. She wheezed and coughed as I watched in detached interest. 'Oh. How sad. You were saying?' She coughed and looked up at me. 'I was saying that you. Are. A. Coward.' I looked at her again, my eye rolling in my socket. 'But I'm not as cowardly as you. I'm willing to die. Would you like to test that?'

I brought my hands down to my stomach and started to dig.

I'M SO SORRY FOR THE DELAY IN UPDATING. I WAS ON A TRIP, AND MY PHONE WASN'T ALLOWED. THEN MY PHONE BROKE. SO NOW I'M DOING THIS ON MY LAPTOP.

;-;

Also, my amino is gone.

;-; x2

I want to cryyyyyy

OH LOOKY A BLUE CLOUD-