Channel Surfing

Warning! Kate is operating on herself. If blood makes you uneasy skip until you see ~*~•~*~ or just wait for the next chapter. Sorry for the long wait...

¿Kathrine Wallace?

Pinkerton Agent, CEO

I hissed in pain as I cut my shirt and looked at the wound. My skin was sticky and stiff with blood, lots of it dried but the wound was still seeping. The more I looked at it the more worried I had become. I pushed myself off the table I was planning to work on and asked Winston to carry the supplies into the living room.

I put a towel over the couch and laid back before turning the T.V. on.

"Kate? Do you need any- whoa. Um what are you doing?" Alex said walking in, his pace slowing down once he noticed the wound.

"Watching T.V." I said and flipped through the channels until I found the show I was looking for.

"Shouldn't you be...you know...operating on yourself?" He asked and walked closer before crouching to inspect the bullet wound on the right side of my lower abdomen.

I looked down at him and couldn't help but smile. "Looking at it won't heal it."

"And neither will watching T.V." He replied grinning up at me and looked through the bags Winston had brought in. "Pizza, really?" He chuckled and I nodded.

"Now toss the pizza, I need the boxes." I said and his eyes widened. "No. No way in heck will I ever waste food, not today, not tomorrow, and especially since I've been held captive for three weeks! You've been held captive for months and all they gave us to eat was saltines and water!" He exclaimed.

"Actually I got a cheeseburger." I murmured and heard him drop the slice of pizza he was about to eat back in the box.

"What? What?! Cheeseburgers!" He exclaimed and began muttering about dumb captors and nepotism.

As he munched on the pizza he tossed me an empty box. I stared in shock as I turned around but saw the remaining pieces on plates.

I ripped the boxes and soon had a tray. "Water." I said and held a hand out. Alex threw it at me but only brushed against my fingertips and landed under the coffee table.

"Alexxxxx." I said and watched as he trudged over and reached under the coffee table before standing up and handed me the water.

I uncapped it and took a swig before pouring the rest on my wound, clenching my jaw and looked up, seeing the commercials were over and the show was back on.

"House. Really?" Alex asked laughing slightly that I was watching a hospital soap opera. "Umm yes? They're performing a surgery!"

He sighed and avoided his gaze to watch the show as the towel under me was now stained a dark red.

I grabbed the tweezers and closed my eyes before taking a deep breath and without skipping a beat reached for the bullet.

"Hey Kate. Where is the numbing medicine stuff? Don't you need it?" Alex asked but I ignored him.

I hissed in pain, my eyes stinging as I concentrated on finding that small piece of metal causing all this pain.

I finally found it and felt tears streaming down my face as I pulled it out and let out a shout of relief as my pain ended, but only for a millisecond before the gaping hole began to sting.

Only then did I realize that Alex was by my side, his hand on my shoulder. "Kate...let me help." He said, and this time I couldn't say no. I looked straight at him and took his hand in my shaking one. He watched me closely as I nodded my head and whispered, "Please." before I lost consciousness.

~*~•~*~

Gasping, I sat up and immediately regretted it. Moaning in pain I laid back and took in my surroundings. I looked down at the searing pain and saw fresh stitches, the skin sore and faintly stained with blood.

Sighing I smiled weakly as Alex walked over with a piece of pizza on a plate with some veggies on the side.

I sent him a smile in gratitude and took the plate before taking the remote and switching until I could find something interesting to watch.

I grinned wickedly just as Alex sat down by my feet. Now resting my feet in his lap I changed to ABC Family and heard Alex groan as a Harry Potter Marathon began.

"Hey. I took a bullet so that people could stay at home and watch stuff like this." I said but Alex just chuckled.

"You didn't even realize you got shot until we got in the car!"

"Well this movie is magical and I need some happiness in my life right now." I mumbled and felt Alex push my feet off his lap as he scooted closer and wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

"And I'll make sure that happens." He whispered and kissed my forehead before turning the T.V. volume up.

By the third movie I was falling asleep and noticed everyone was sitting around watching the movie too, even Winston.

I smiled and whispered to Alex, "I was that woman in the basement. P.S. I call dibs on first shower." before falling asleep in his arms, a smile on my face.