Chapter 1 - Ariel

Chapter 1

Carter-

Dad’s still on tour, and Mom said yesterday we could stay with him – but just until he has to film his movie. We’ve been with him just for a week now, since the Grammy’s.

‘Ariel: Hey babe ;) wanna come to my hotel room to have some fun…;)’

My phone screen lights up with a text from Ariel. You may be wondering ‘why did she just call you babe?’ We’re together, but Mom, Dad, Aunt Delly, and Uncle Ell don’t know; we haven’t talked about when to tell them. We’ve been together for a few months now. I know, she’s my cousin and all, but I love her. And I’m not saying that this is right to go by, but look at Mom and Dad.

‘Me: Hey ;) idk, cuz Mom and Dad might get suspicious…’

‘Aw ok, but why don’t we just tell them? Then we don’t have to be on edge all the time’

I sigh. Ariel did have a point.

‘Ok. Tonight, at dinner’

“C, who are you texting?” Mom asks casually, sitting next to me on the hotel suite couch. “Just Ariel.” I couldn’t find it in me to lie, and I know Mom and Dad hate it when I do.

“About what?” She presses. I sigh. “We’re together!” I blurt, and my eyes widen, and I can’t help but let tears fill my eyes. “P-please don’t be mad, Mom. You can’t tell Dad – or Aunt Delly or Uncle Ell – Ariel and I were planning on telling you guys tonight at dinner.”

“C,” Mom speaks softly now, pulling me into her arms. “For how long?” I sniff a little. “Three months or so.”

Ashley-

Carter and Ariel. Together. I process this as I hug Carter. I need to talk to Ross.

“I’ll be right back,” I kiss my son’s blonde hair, walking to the master bedroom, seeing Ross playing his guitar, staring at the wall with a serious expression playing on his face. “Ross, we need to talk.”

“What about?” He snaps out of his trance, his guitar going back into it’s case, and he turns to face me. “Carter and Ariel are together.” His breath catches, and his eyes widen slightly. “Oh, uh,” he starts. “Well, what do you think about it?”

“I dunno, honestly,” I say. “I mean, I know it may not be the right thing, but look at us.” He nods. “I know – do Rydel and Ell know?”

“Not yet,” I say softly, sitting next to him, my head leaning against his shoulder. Carter walks in a minute or so after, and it looks like he has been crying a little. “Hun,” I say, walking over to him, wrapping him in a hug. “It’s okay, we’re not mad. All you have to do now is tell Aunt Delly and Uncle Ell.”

~~~

I watch Carter and Ariel as they beside each other at the table, Annabelle on Ariel’s right, across from me, Ross across from Ariel, Rydel on one end of the table, and Ellington on the other.

“Uh,” Carter starts. “Ariel and I would like to make an announcement.” All eyes stay on them. “W-we’re together.”

Rydel and Ellington look at each other, and to my surprise, smile.

“As long as you’re happy, kids,” Ellington says, and Rydel nods. “Yeah.”

“You’re not mad, then?” Ariel now speaks quietly, and I reach for her hand across the table. “No, because if you’re happy, we’re happy, hun. And sure, we might be a little shocked, but that’s normal. Don’t worry.” I look between Rydel and Ell as I say this, and they both smile as Ariel looks up at me, a light smile playing on her lips as she smiles.

~~~

Carter-

Ariel and I arrive in my room of the suite after dinner, our parents and Annabelle out in the living room.

“So…” Ariel says. “What do you wanna do, C?” She sends a mischievous grin my way, and I smirk, laying her on my bed, hovering over her, my lips landing on hers not long after.

“C,” she pulls away, to catch her breath. “They’re out there. We can’t.” I trail kisses down her jawline, to her neck, then I sigh. She’s right. “What else are we gonna do, though?” She shrugs, and I bring my head up from her neck as we hear a knock on the door. Our eyes widen, and we both sit up and straighten out.

Ashley-

“C? You two in there? It’s time for Ariel to head to her room with Aunt Dels and Uncle Ell.” I say through Carter’s door, and then it opens a minute or so after.

“Hey Mom,” Carter greets me casually. “She’ll be out in a sec.” I raise an eyebrow, making him sigh. “Okay, okay, she’ll be out now.” He turns to Ariel, pecking her lips quickly, and she walks past me, a light blush playing on her cheeks. I smile lightly at Carter, and his eyebrows furrow.

“What?”

“You two are just like your dad and I when we were going out,” I shake my head at the memory, smiling still. “But time for bed, it’s late – too late.” It’s 11pm.

“Aw, okay,” he says, getting his pajamas from his suitcase. “Could you, um, leave? So I can change, Mom?” I laugh. “Yeah, sorry. Night, hun.” He smiles as I walk out, closing his door softly behind him, and I check, and see Annabelle has already headed to bed, soundly sleeping, and I let out a quiet sigh of relief.

I walk to the master bedroom, and see Ross already in bed, so I change into pajamas, laying beside him.

“Hey,” he says softly. “Hi,” I laugh. “Why aren’t you asleep yet? You have an interview tomorrow morning.”

“Because I wanted to see you,” he hovers over me now. “Oh no you don’t,” I laugh. “We’re not doing that tonight.” He pouts. “But that’s not fair! We haven’t in so long!” I giggle. “Maybe some other time, and aren’t you aware the kids are in the same suite as us?”

“Well duh,” he says, then sighs. “You’re doing this on purpose aren’t you?” I chuckle. “C’mon, Ross. Let’s just get some sleep, okay?” He smirks. “After, then we will.” I sigh, but laugh lightly at his persistence. “Okay, you get your way this time.” His smirk gets wider now. “You know you want to, too. I know you do.”

He starts to kiss down my neck, then trailing down to my collarbone, then back up to my lips, and his meet mine in a passionate, but slightly rough kiss.

---

A/N: Hey!

So this is the ‘My Half Brother’ sequel! I’m looking forward for you guys to read the rest of this book. :)

Thank you so much for reading ‘MHB’ (abbreviation for ‘My Half Brother!’) for everyone who did!

Also, thank you to @wonder1238 for helping me with the title for this book! :)

Love you all,

~Ashley xx