Chapter 22 - No

Chapter 22

The song Amnesia is attached - I think it fits this chapter.

(Recap)

Rydel and I run to the car, and drive as fast as I can.

"ROSS! NO!"

Ashley-

Tears fill my eye as I run over behind him,  wrapping my arms around his waist.

"Please, Ross." My voice cracks.

"Is he going to jump? We'll be right back after the break." The brunette woman on the news channel tells the camera that's about four feet away from where Ross is.

"Please, go away. You don't need to broadcast this." Rydel tells her and her crew calmly.

"Ross." My voice cracks even more, and my tears threaten to spill over.

Ross turns around in my arms, stepping away from the edge, looking down at me.

"Can we talk at Delly's place?" He asks quietly. I sigh quietly, but nod, and Rydel sees us walking toward her so she starts to walk toward the car with us, and we all climb in; Ross in the passnger seat, Rydel in the back, and I'm driving.

The car ride home is very quiet. A deafening quiet. It almost scares me, but I don't think anyone is in the mood to talk at the moment.

~~~

"What do you mean?" Ross inquires, staring at me from across the room.

"I think we..." I take a deep breath, trying to prevent my tears from spilling. "I think we need to get a divorce, Ross." I've never wanted to say those words in my life.

"W-what?" Ross stutters a little. "You.. baby, no. Please, no. We can't. I love you."

"I'm sorry, Ross." A few stray tears spill over, gliding down my cheeks.

Ross walks out of the guest bedroom without another word. My tears start to stream faster down my cheeks, and they just won't stop.

Ross-

I... I can't believe this. The love of my life just told me we should get a divorce. I don't know what to do. I walk out to the car, not saying a word to Rydel or Ellington, and drive home, walking into the bedroom, all the memories flowing back. Tears start to blur my vision, and I lay down on the bed, taking a few deep breaths, thinking this all through.

Is this going to do good for all of us? Sure, there might not be anymore yelling, but I still love Ashley with all my heart, whether we do or not. Will this make us happier? I don't know about Ashley, but I know I won't be. She's my world, and if I'm not with her, I'm nothing.

Ashley-

I take a deep breath, walking out to the living room, and I feel Rydel and Ellington's eyes on me. I look up at them, and they have sympathetic looks on their faces.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Ellington speaks softly, and I shrug.

"I guess. Thanks Ell," I smile a watery smile, and he returns a small smile. "Long discussion short, Ross and I are getting a divorce." I look down as I hear them take in quiet gasps.

"Are you sure?" Rydel speaks softly now too, and I nod, looking back up at them. "It'll be for the best."

---

Dun dun dun more drama!

Leave your thoughts! :)

Love you all,

~Ash xo