Complicated

Thomas started to grow up as a teen, and the sides are all trying their best to cope with new things. New thoughts for Logan, new emotions for Patton, new ideas for Romulus, new fears for Virgil, and new false statements for Deceit.

     Thomas grew up really fast, and so did his sides. They got more functions, and became more complicated. Logan developed a wider range of control on the left hemisphere of the brain, which gave him the power to work on anything more efficiently. Romulus was in full control on the right hemisphere, being the one who was needed the most, because Thomas is left-handed. Patton now fully took over the role of being the heart and the beholder of emotions, not just morality. Virgil became more vigilant, and learned how to get out of bad situations more easily. Deceit just didn't try to preserve relationships, but also took advantages of the lies he suggested Thomas tell, but he was just doing it in order to make Thomas stronger in facing a toxic society.

     The sides also developed some powers along the way. They learned how to shape shift in Thomas' frame of mind, they now knew how to conjure things out of nowhere, and they developed the stretchy arm, which is actually the grossest thing they've done so far.

     They were confused while figuring this whole sudden development, but they try their best anyway.

     Along the way, while Logan was just trying to adapt to the wider space he had control over, he started to be confused with new things that are in there, especially new vocabulary, which are informal but are useful anyway in understanding Thomas' peers better. So, he wrote those new words in cards to use later in life.

     Patton tried to learn the new emotions that he's going to hold, but there's so many of them that he found it difficult to understand all of them. He also found out that there are a lot of new feelings that are negative. He didn't understand them that much, he neglected them and proceeds to learn only the positive feelings. Because of this heavy deal of emotions, Patton was now getting confused as to what is right or wrong, positive or negative, and started to become a big mess.

     Romulus now was happy that he took over the whole right hemisphere, but was now confused on how he would get things done a certain way. He sometimes think of pure hard work, novelty, and brilliance, but also sometimes think of shortcuts, no matter the risk that are ahead, just as that he can get whatever he wanted.

     Virgil just became more fearful and stressful of stuff that happened so suddenly, he took a lot of time to evaluate things calmly and try to make sense of them. He became more confused and upset of all the drastic changes, including Thomas' physical change, and the changes that happened with him and his colleagues.

     Deceit learned more about society, and how it could also be toxic for people. He tried to protect Thomas from this, especially from people who takes advantages upon themselves by also taking advantage upon himself... what a hypocrite.