Anti-Dark Side

Knowing that his peers were just using him for their own purposes, Virgil tried to mingle with the Core Sides, but it's hard because of the bad profile he had set. He's trying a lot to change their perception of him, to let them know that he is important in the group.

     Meanwhile, Thomas was just making another video about New Year's resolutions when Logan suddenly popped up. He told Thomas that he needs to focus on education for a resolution, and Patton came along and said that Thomas should work on taking care of himself more for a resolution. They clearly contradicted each other's objective and started fighting. Roman then rose up and gave his opinion for Thomas' resolutions which is to follow his dreams, which highly contradicted to the others and the fight intensified. So much so that Virgil appeared in the midst of the argument, he looked stoked that the Core Sides were fighting but he's actually annoyed on the inside. The sides were mouth-shut at the sight of the gloomy but scary side. Logan and Patton were surprised to see their old friend and kinda felt guilty for ever putting him in the Dark Sides, but Roman became more terrified that Virgil still exists, but tried to hide it by being rude to him.

     Virgil proceeds to tell Thomas that making a resolution is just a waste of time, because Thomas had a really bad issue with how he sticks to following the resolutions. They all agreed but Thomas wanted to be different for this year, but they believed that he may be lying to himself again. Terrified of the mention of the word 'lying', which is interconnected with Deceit, Virgil insisted to not make resolutions again, as he didn't want them to give more power to Deceit. He was trying to save them from the Dark Sides, but they ignored him anyway, because they believed that his opinions were invalid, as he is pessimistic, and they all did that in a song. Virgil sank out disappointed that he never saved them from the upcoming wrath upon them, but the sides were all just happy that they have conquered the villain and convinced Thomas to make resolutions anyway.

     Upon entering the lair, Virgil was so disappointed in himself for letting them do that and not insisting more, but he wanted to be softer for the sides to hear him out, but they still ignored all his efforts. He doesn't want to be the bad guy of the story, he wanted to be a hero, but what can he do if all his peers, Dark Side or Core Side, ignore him? He just went to his room screaming on his pillow and punching the wall for being so stupid and different. Little did he know that Logan and Patton also cared about him.

     Logan went back to his room feeling guilty for Virgil. He knew that Virgil is important in Thomas' life but he listened to Roman anyway even though Roman was just a new side back then. He recalled the moments where they would poke fun with Romulus and Patton for being too sunshiny and optimistic by being cold and bitter. He felt that he would be incomplete without Virgil, because he's logic and Virgil's the common sense. He wished he could conjure a time machine to correct his grave mistake, but he has limitations on conjuring things. The only one that could conjure everything is Roman, and possibly Remus.

     Patton went back to his room sad and worried for his old pal he often regard as his son. He picked out the old memories they had on a box. He cried as he glances at them. He recalled the moments where he would comfort Virgil when he was overwhelmed, he would motivate Virgil for doing what he wanted to do, and when Virgil pranks him by putting his pet spider on his favorite chair or on his jar of cookies. He then would call Romulus to exterminate the spider but Virgil was fast enough to grab his spider from Romulus' swifty katana.

     If only Virgil, Logan, and Patton could talk to each other again like they used to, they might have at least cured the burden from their hearts. They should find a way to convince Roman that Virgil is not a hindrance and is important in Thomas' decision making.

Chapter cited from: