The Common Era

It's been years since Thomas gained his superstardom on Vine. He's been very famous, and Roman was living his best life. Thomas has already starred in his first professional theater play called Heather's: The Musical, and he played a villain, which is far from his personality. He also made his own musical and toured across 17 different cities in the U.S. and Canada.

     That inevitable moment came when Vine shut down. The sides were terrified with this. Virgil was obviously very anxious, thinking all the negative effects of the shutting down of the platform that made Thomas famous. Roman was so worried that no one would know him anymore and is afraid of rejection.

     Thomas was already on YouTube even before Vine died. He just made Q and A videos, some comedy skits, and one-off vlogs. He realized that he wanted to make more videos on YouTube, partially because Patton told him to do so, but he just haven't made anything tangible on the channel. The Core Sides are now having a conference into what idea would work best for a video. Roman was already stressed out of his mind to generate a very good idea. Patton was confused to what to do. Logan was well... freaking out about the deadlines on regular YouTube uploads.

     Until many hours of brainstorming, Roman thought that Thomas would project them physically and talk about his current issues so that the viewers were not only entertained but would also learn something from this video, and apply these solutions in their daily lives.  Patton squeed at this idea, he felt a big jolt of happiness when Roman suggested that. He supported Roman a lot for that, and try to think of a way to make Thomas develop the ability to physically project them. Logan like the idea of educating people, so he agreed with the suggestion.

     They told their suggestion to Thomas, who is very pleased with this idea. He started the video with the introduction to the sides. Being the boss, he successfully physically projected the sides, only the core ones though, as Thomas and the other sides had no access to them unless they reveal themselves. As soon as the sides were projected, they assumed physical forms that best described their personality.

     Logan was projected first, wearing a professional teacher outfit of black polo shirt, a light blue necktie, and thick framed glasses, and sported a very firm posture. He obviously has the same face as Thomas. He was very cheery when he showed up, due to the fact that he was the one who was projected first and he would be supplying facts not just to Thomas but also to the viewers as well. Second projected was Roman, sporting a magnificent Disney Prince look, in a white 1800's outfit with a red sash across the chest and golden tassels on his shoulders. He also sported a very rich voice with somewhat a magnificent accent. His voice was full of boast in it. Then there projected Patton in a 1980's dad look because he was also a bit of a father figure in there despite him being a bit childish.

     The three talked to Thomas about his issues about his identity. He's been questioning himself if what he really is by projecting the sides. The sides provided answers to Thomas' questions and eventually solved the problem by knowing Thomas' strengths and weaknesses. Thomas and the sides then talked to the viewers on how to solve problems like what they just talked about. The sides came back in on Thomas' mind very happy, knowing that they helped a lot of people who really need that solution to their problem.

Author's notes:
     Hey guys! Callie/Misty here! I just wanna thank you guys for reading the story so far and I'm sorry that I haven't published this chapter for a while. I've been busy in school, I'm just a senior, not yet in college, but school life is hard life. Got a lot of projects from here and there, and I just found this little time to write this chapter and also hang out a bit with you guys. So, I'm doing a bit of Q and A if any of you were wondering about the story:

1. What is the fanfic based upon?
     -It is based on the series that I've watched and enjoyed called the Sanders Sides (yes, I can't think of an original title of the whole fanfic) made by Thomas Sanders and his friends, one of them mainly Joan, who helped Thomas with the co-writting and the story arcs. I recommend you guys watch that on YouTube in order (I've been spoiled. The first SS video I've watched is the Sanders Sides 12 Days of Christmas). I promise you guys, you'll like the series more if you loved this fanfic.

2. What if there would be a new side revealed? Are you gonna change/stop writing the fanfic?
     -No, I will not stop writing the fanfic, nor change it. I will find a way to put in the new side if it can fit in the fanfic. If not, sorry guys, the show must go on without them.

3. What are the things that are canon in this work?
     -The sides themselves (obviously), Virgil WAS a Dark Side, they knew how to shapeshift, Roman and Remus were really split from a single entity, we just don't know who it is, they knew how to stretch their limbs further than normal, they're all gay, Thomas was really inspired in helping the environment when he heard a very catchy tune (it was Rainforest Rap), and many other things that are going to be revealed in the future chapters.

4. What are the things that you just made up?
     -Romulus. I literally have no idea what to call the side if the twins fused so I just picked out Remus' (Roman history) brother Romulus, who is actually the first king of Rome. Knowing that Roman is a Prince and Remus is a (spoiler), so I thought that the next rank would be king. So Romulus is a perfect fit.

5. Why did you write this fanfic?
     -I just wanted an output of all my theories on the back stories of the sides, cause I have no friends that are supportive enough unlike Thomas' friends (I wish I had a friend like Joan, cause they are the best friend you'll ever have. They're so supportive.

6. Is there any ships sailing anytime soon?
     -Well, get ready because there will be! Probably on the next or after two chapters if I wanna put in Way Too Adult in here (Way Too Adult is the second episode of the Sanders Sides, I based this chapter on My True Identity). I probably would put the most famous ships in here, Prinxiety (Roman x Virgil), Logicality (Logan x Patton), and Intruceit (Remus x Deceit) I'm sorry for Analogical, Royality, Logince, Moxiety, etc. I love all the ships but I think these will be the ones I would prioritize for now, but I would absolutely put in moments of some ships that I would not give importance to.

     Well, that's all the time I had for now. Thank you once again for reading this story!

Chapter cited from: