Romance Acceptance

Thomas now grew up into a full pledged adult, now at the age of 23. But in those 23 years, he wondered why he still doesn't have a romantic relationship with someone else. He asked a lot of questions to his sides. Logan just shrugged in this query, he literally had no idea why it was that way. Patton was wondering too, and he was pressured into that question because he's the heart, but he didn't know why. Roman, being the one who was determined to be the first one to answer this question, searched every single corner in his place, to find Thomas' fantasies. He can't find what he was looking for, as Thomas' fantasies when it comes to romance were so dull.

     The Sides went into some soul-searching to find the answer. They asked and answered a lot of questions. Roman even thought that Thomas is ace, but he's wrong. Those questions made them find out that Thomas is gay. As soon as they mentioned this word, some drastic change went in the way. They all turned gay, including the Dark Sides.

     They were scared of this orientation, partially because of the stigma attached to it. Patton being the one who absorbed all of the religious upbringing, was heavily affected by this fact. They try not to tell this to Thomas, but Thomas is the boss, he can know what he wanted to know. Thomas was surprised by this. He also tried to keep this to himself, but repressing this was difficult for him.

     Thomas recently met a guy in a show, and for some reason, he was really attracted to this guy. Virgil worked unconsciously with this, and made Thomas a bit paranoid by this situation. He approached the guy and became friends with him. The encounter was actually pretty nice. The friendship turned into a romantic relationship real quick.

     The sides just adapted at this landmark in Thomas' life. They were equally annoyed that Roman became more flourished as Thomas found his first love. He became more unrealistic, fantasizing every time Thomas was with his boyfriend.

     As the relationship became more serious, there comes that inevitable time that Thomas was going to introduce his boyfriend to his parents, and his coming out. He brought his boyfriend to his family house, his paranoia, Virgil, caused him to not introduce his boyfriend in the perfect time. He just found the time when he and his family were about to go see a movie. He told his parents that the reason why he brought a guy into their house yesterday was because that guy's his boyfriend. Virgil kicked in a lot, even unconscious, and Thomas felt the shivers and chills that went down his spine as he uttered those words. He never stood up there more for anyone before. His parents were surprised about this, but they were so loving and accepted him anyway.

     Thomas was relieved that his parents already accepted who he was, and that also calmed the sides down. The sides tried to accept their orientation and their attraction later on.