Anxiety

The Core Sides were very happy that their suggestions worked, as their video became popular. Thomas also made a video with Patton about being mature, as Thomas didn't really know how to cook. Patton gave him tips for growing up while still having that inner child in himself. Patton was so happy to have helped Thomas again and the others were happy for him as well.

     On the other side, Virgil was sad and a bit jealous that the Core Sides have the power to directly talk to Thomas while he was just felt by his presence. He also wanted to be a good guy, to be a hero. All he just heard was Deceit's words that they are the Dark Sides, they are always evil and they will never change. Virgil took these words literally, disregarding the fact that Deceit's words are sarcastic and often means the opposite of what he actually said, and Virgil was very pessimistic, he always absorbed the negative things.

     Virgil being a spy for the Dark Sides, and having more access to the Core Sides, decided to show up to Thomas while he was doing a video. He assumed the look of an emo, with a black shirt, black and grey hoodie, black pants, black sneakers, eyeshadow under his eyes, and his hair all over his face. Thomas was very startled by this figure appearing in front of him, and felt that full on anxiety as soon as Virgil showed up. He immediately thought that Virgil was his anxiety that is messing with him in the past couple months. He introduced Virgil to the viewers and Virgil was so chill about it.

     Being a Dark Side, Virgil masked his purpose by being harsh to Thomas. He tried to be scary to make Thomas listen to him, and it worked. Thomas was so afraid of him and tried to find a way to get rid of Virgil, so he summoned Roman. Virgil was wondering who the "Prince Dude" would be, as Thomas said that while summoning Roman, and that he never met a side that has princely qualities. He then remembered that he would probably be Roman who exiled him in the Dark Sides. Virgil held a jolt of hatred toward this side, but as soon as Roman rose up, he was stunned by the handsome prince in front of him, all the hatred went down and replaced with infatuation. He just hid his blushing face with his hair.

     Roman was surprised when he was summoned, but he just thought that Thomas just really need him, and he wants to be the center of attention so he valiantly rose up in front of Thomas with a magnificent pose. Thomas asked him if he could get rid of Virgil. As soon as he saw this side, he also felt a bit of infatuation but thought that Virgil could always get in the way in achieving Thomas' dreams so he acted rude to the poor Dark Side. He suggested Thomas to travel into his mind to bring in recruitment, and Thomas took this advice and was immediately teleported into his friend, Lilly Singh's house.

     Virgil was surprised with this sudden change of surroundings and saw Lilly in front of him. Thomas asked Lilly if she knew some ways to bring his anxiety down. Lilly obviously has the solution and brought Virgil down which upsetted him. As soon as they went back to Thomas' apartment, Virgil tells Thomas that he doesn't have what it takes to bring him down. Thomas took a deep breath and assured to himself that Virgil is just nothing but his fears. Virgil sank down in "annoyance" that Thomas is relieved. Thomas closed out the video with Roman. Roman was happy that he helped Thomas on taking on anxiety.

     Back in the Dark Sides' lair, Virgil was shook with how he behaved out there. He didn't want to be that harsh to Thomas, he just wants his host to listen to him. And as soon as he went inside the lair, he saw Deceit and Remus, arms crossed, faces serious, expressions blank. They knew that Virgil broke the law of not showing up to the Core Sides and especially to Thomas. They degraded Virgil showing him that they were just using him to make their plan work and that plan was only for themselves. Virgil was really sad with this revelation, and he can't go with the Core Sides for refuge because he already established a bad profile. He figured that the only thing to do is to clean up his reputation and to make it clear to them that he was willing to work with them.

Chapter cited from: