Seven

Warning: alcohol and drug use

***

Apparently, Dan was a huge fan of hard liquor, cause the only things Phil saw as he pawed through the plastic bags were bottles of assorted vodka, tequila and something called an aguardiente.

Phil had had his fair share of vodka shots, mostly watered down, but it still counted. But he usually stuck to wine coolers and cocktails. He wasn't too fond of getting smashed to the point of illness, and he tried to never venture out of his comfort zone.

But there was no comfort zone here, obviously. Dan didn't seem the like the kind of guy who would let him wuss out of it, and if he was being totally honest, Phil would do nothing to stop him. Tomorrow was definitely going to suck.

"Why the hell do you need seven different flavors of vodka?" Phil asked, holding up a blueberry one questioningly. He hadn't even known there was flavored alcohol, he just stuck with the original.

"Cause regular vodka sucks." Dan answered. He was laying across Phil's bed, his head hanging over the side and one headphone in his ear. Phil could hear the heavy bass coming from it.

"And I thought only old people drink whiskey." Phil said as he continued pulling bottles of liquor out.

"Hey, whiskey is the drink of the gods." Dan said sternly, pointing an upside down finger at him.

"You take alcohol way too seriously." Phil muttered, smiling when Dan threw a pillow at him.

It had only been a few hours since Dan had gotten here, but it had to be the best few hours that Phil had ever been able to be apart of. It was on the verge of being ten o'clock, and they'd done nothing but eat Chinese food and watch stupid movies. Dan had complained the whole time about Phil getting to pick the films, but Phil had only responded with 'it's my TV, my rules'.

Phil had been trying to drag out the time as long as possible, holding off the alcohol binge that was to ensue soon. He knew from experience that he could be a bit loose mouthed where drinking was involved, and it had gotten him in trouble plenty before. Of course, there was the fact that Dan was likely to be just as drunk as him and neither of them would remember what had happened. But the risk was still there.

"Are you gonna stop being such a prude, so we can start already?" Dan asked, rolling off the bed and sitting across from Phil.

Phil sighed, looking at the dozen or so bottles surrounding him before nodding reluctantly. He was actually starting to crave it, the alcohol. He couldn't remember the last time he'd just let go and gotten pissed off his ass. Maybe it would help with all the tension that was going through him these days.

Without another thought, he grabbed one of the many bottles of vodka, twisted it open, and took a swig. It seared the back of his throat immediately, and he held his mouth so he wouldn't spit it back over the floor. It was a nice kind of burn, really, and it made his insides warm and fuzzy. He looked up and saw Dan shaking his head at him.

"Don't start without me or anything." He said, picking up his own bottle and drinking from it. He grimace slightly, but he didn't seem too fazed. Phil regarded his bottle thoughtfully.

"I've never had vodka straight before." He said. Shrugging, he tilted the bottle back again. It burned less this time, and it was easier to swallow, and he kept going until half of it was gone.

They spent the better half of an hour drinking, laughing, telling jokes and drinking some more. Phil had built up his alcoholic tolerance enough so that he was only just on the line between tipsy and drunk. He was a lot more relaxed than he'd been before, and it was easier being around Dan. None of the nervous anxiety from before.