Four

Warning: very explicit mentions of blood/gore, and some sexual content, read at your own risk.

***

Phil really needed to calm down.

It was like some bug had bitten him, infecting him with a deadly virus that seemingly had no cure. He couldn't stop himself from doing things, thinking things he'd never thought of before. It was scary, how much he was changing in just the last few days.

He'd had a dream last night. The weirdest, but not the most displeasing dream he'd had in a while. And he could remember every detail of it.

It started off like most regular dreams probably did, with Phil walking to longest and emptiest hallway. Everything was black, and if it was possible to feel in a dream, Phil was sure it would have been freezing. There were about a million doors lining the hall, every single one of them closed and inciting curiosity about what might possibly be behind them.

There wasn't a doubt in his mind about why he was just aimlessly walking this abandoned hall, no questions about where he was or what might happen. He wasn't even shocked when one of the doors to his left opened suddenly, leading into a pitch black room. No, he just went ahead and walked through and into the dark.

And then a light flickered on from the back of the room and Phil nearly threw up.

Not six feet in front of him was the most bloody and ripped apart semblance to a human being Phil had ever seen. The stench of it was overwhelming, and how Phil had the mentality to dream up something like that was amazing and disturbing.

But that wasn't even the most disgusting thing, if you could believe that. Dan was also there, leaning over the mangled corpse with his face buried in its sternum. He almost looked dead himself, covered pretty much head to toe in thick red liquid that most likely wasn't ketchup. His hands were curled tightly against the shredded arms of the body beneath him, clenching and unclenching as he devoured the contents of the body's chest.

Phil's stomach was rolling, and he could barely keep the contents of his insides under control. It was fucking disgusting, and he could hear the wet squelching sound as Dan continued tearing at the cadaver, but he couldn't look away. There was a thought in the back of his mind, that this probably wasn't the safest place to be, that there was the slightest chance he might be next, but he couldn't seem to make his feet move. He just stood there and stared, his entire body starting to shake and his throat constricting, trying not to announce his presence by vomiting violently. But apparently, Dan already knew he was there, because he looked up suddenly, staring straight at Phil with his face dripping red and his mouth twisted into a gruesome sort of smile. It was sickening to look at him.

And then, Dan was standing right in front of him, moving so quickly that Phil was almost certain he hadn't been anywhere else. For some reason, the stench of dead didn't linger on him, despite the fact he was covered in gore. Quite the opposite, really, he smelled amazing, and Phil found himself unconsciously leaning closer to be further intoxicated by the scent.

He was still afraid, God, was he afraid. He didn't know what was about to happen, but he knew damn well it couldn't be anything good. With Dan staring down at him, his eyes still flashing with the deepest look of hunger, Phil couldn't even blink, afraid the small movement would send Dan into deadly action.

So imagine his surprise when they were kissing instead.

Making out was probably the best term, because Dan was kissing the life out of him, tugging at Phil's lips with his teeth and not even hesitating before tangling their tongues together. His sticky hands were digging into the small of Phil's back, bunching the fabric of his shirt up and leaving wet hand prints on his bare skin. Phil couldn't even catch his breath, and he was becoming lightheaded.