Chapter 15

I woke up with a jolt and gasped as I looked around. "Tommy!" I heard Zack say. I stumbled forward down the steps gasping as I got to my feet, unsteadily. Zack, Billy, and Trini ran to me. "Oh my god! Hey!" Trini said. "Are you okay?" Trini asked me. I looked around at the group of teens. "Did I die?" I asked. "Yes." "No." Billy and Trini said simultaneously before looking at each other. "Little bit." Zack said. "And you guys brought me back to life." I stated. "Billy was right. We are superheroes." I said with a smirk with a nod. "There can only be one Red Ranger. Jason, this is your time. This is your team." I heard Zordon say. "Thank you." Jason said. "That was loopy." I stated. "I saw my mom." I said as Zack laughed. I looked up to see Jason. I walked over to him. He wrapped his arms around me. "Welcome back, my friend." He said. "Funny...you first met me trying to kill myself...and the last time you see me...I sacrificed myself." I said with a smile and laughed. I dropped my smile instantly. "Now that I said that out loud...it's not really that funny, actually." I said furrowing my eyebrows pointing at the ceiling of the ship. He chuckled. I looked over his shoulder and saw Kimberly in a damp black tank top, wet tight-fitting blue jeans, and a pink lacy accessory on her chest. I walked over to her. "Kim--" I started before I was interrupted by her pressing her lips to mine. My eyes went wide surprised by the sudden kiss. "Whoo!" Billy and Zack exclaimed clapping their hands. "Yeah! Go Tommy!" Jason yelled with a clap. I heard Trini laughing in the background as the three teenage boys behind me whooped in celebration. Kim pulled back and looked at me. She smiled embarrassed. I chuckled nervously, smiling as I rubbed the back of my head. "I, uh, I was...Wow!" I stuttered not knowing what to say at the moment. The others laughed behind me. "I told you that you had people that cared about you." She said. "I can see that." I said looking back at the others with a smile. "I never realized that until I died." I said with a nod. "We aren't friends." I said shaking my head. "No...We're a family. And family sticks together...no matter what." I said. "Couldn't have said it better myself, Tommy." Jason said with a smile. "We need to get to Krispy Kreme, Jason." I said glancing at Billy, who nodded wide-eyed. "What?" Zack asked. I smiled. "Not for donuts. Although that sounds really good right now." I said with a brief laugh. "Okay. Let's try this." Jason said looking at all of us. "Thank you, Zordon." I heard Alpha say. "Hey, bud. How ya doin'?" I asked Alpha. "Relieved of your revival, Master Tommy." Alpha said happily. I laughed walking over to a footprint next to Jason and Kimberly. I stepped on with Jason. "It's morphin' time." Jason said.  The sphere lit up bright white. 

I gasped as I closed my eyes. I felt something traveling up around my body like fluid. I opened my eyes to see green particles enveloping my fingers, arms, legs, and the rest of my body. I looked over at everyone else's suit and furrowed my eyebrows. I looked back down at my suit to see mine was significantly different. I had a gold triangular shield over my chest with a gold diamond in the center. My gloves were white with green triangles whereas the others had red, blue, yellow, pink, and black diamonds on theirs. I laughed loudly within the confines of the helmet I was wearing. I stepped off the footprint. "This is absolutely insane!" I exclaimed with a smile. "Wait. Why does Tommy get a cool gold shield and not us?" Billy asked pointing at me. "I don't know. I was wondering the same thing myself." I said with a shrug. I looked at Kimberly in her pink Ranger suit. "Time to show Rita what a real Power Ranger looks like." I said.