Airplane

I sped down the highway towards the airplane. I heard Calvin make some soft baby coos in the backseat. I needed to slow down, I had a baby now. Jesus. I was already a terrible mother.

I slowed down my speed but my heart rate didn't slow down. Did Billie have a gun on her? I doubt it. She had to go through hospital security. I didn't see her pull one out of the glove compartment before she went inside, but I was turned towards Calvin so maybe I missed it. Jesus. I hope she was okay.

I got out of the car and put Calvin in his stroller. I pulled out my fake ID and Calvin's new birth certificate. We would need these to get on the plane. I got a ticket for the first plane to L.A. and waited.

It was hell waiting. I gripped my phone tightly constantly checking for new notifications. A new sign that Billie was okay. Nothing.

I sighed and tried to take a deep breathe. It's okay. Billie always has a back up plan. I was always her priority. That's why I was so glad to be her wife. We would be okay.

"FLIGHT 52 NOW BOARDING"

Shit. I pushed Calvin's stroller quickly as we went through the check in process. We sat first class and Calvin slept most of the flight. I tried to sleep but I couldn't knowing Calvin was able to be taken if I closed my eyes. I wished Billie was here to help me.

*fast forward to after the flight*

I pulled the small amount of luggage we had out of the overhead bunkers. It was mostly just Calvin's diaper bag. I pushed Calvin's stroller off the plane and sat in the airport debating what I should do. Where the fuck do I go?