Electricity CLEO'S POV

It all made sense now.

I was in L.A with Billie's mother...billie's child...in the house that Billie provided for me...thinking she had found someone new and forgotten about me when really she was being held against her will.

Why didn't I go looking for her? I could have helped her. I could have gotten her back sooner.

I turned my head towards my nightstand. There was a picture of me holding baby Calvin on his first Halloween, dressed as a pumpkin, he looked so fucking cute. That's why I didn't go looking. I realized then, that Billie understood this. And she was perfect for me.

I climbed onto Billie's lap and cried into her shoulder as she rubbed her fingers through my hair. She held me like that for a long time. I pulled back and looked into her face. My nose was running, my makeup was fucked up, my cheeks were flushed but I had to look at her. She was flawless. Like always. I had to kiss her. I had waited 4 years to kiss her again.

I leaned in and she kissed back gently, like she used to when she was in a sweet loving mood. Like after she said "I do" at our wedding. Like when I was crying out in pain during labor. Like when she forced me to sleep in the hospital while she cared for Calvin. Like that.

I pulled back after a few seconds,

"You know Billie. I never divorced you. Or separated," I whispered softly. I hadn't done it for many reasons, but mostly because I was still hopeful she would come back for me.

I think I would have taken her back no matter what the circumstances. It hurt when she was gone, I hurt. I went through a lot but having her back...washed away all the pain ten fold. It made it all worth it. I never wanted to lose her again.

I saw a tear run down Billie's left cheek, I wiped it away with the pad of my thumb and kissed her nose. She gave me a humble smile and tightened her grip on my waist. I realized I was still sitting on her lap, legs wrapped around her waist. I wanted her in the worst way. I had waited years to have her again.

I looked down at our meshed bodies and then back up at Billie's face, Billie had followed my gaze and lifted her eyebrows up.

"You sure?" She asked.

"I need you now," I responded and Billie immediately pressed her lips onto mine, much harder than before. I felt the electricity I used to feel before we would have sex in our mansion in Italy. That electricity was never there when I fucked amber.

I loved electricity.