Girlfriend

"Your ex girlfriend?" Amber asked, shocked.

"My ex...wife. Actually current wife. I never filed for divorce..." I hadn't been completely honest with Amber about my life before her, I could see the hurt in her eyes now and it killed me inside.

"Wife? You told me you didn't believe in marriage Cleo."

I did say that. I really didn't believe in marriage anymore after my spouse disappeared for years.

"I don't now...Billie had abandoned me and it hurt me. I couldn't trust the same. I hate doing this to you...but I need time to figure all of this out," I stammered and amber glared at me in response.

She walked towards me slowly, hands on hips, "so you're telling me....that just because this crazy convict thug bitch shows back up you're going to abandon me? I helped you when you were down Cleo. Your car was going to be repossessed when you met me. I made sure that didn't happen. I helped pay Calvin's daycare when you had to work. That was me. Not Billie. She gave you some money, never replaced it. And she fucking. Disappeared. This is a mistake."

Amber gathered her stuff up to leave,

"Amber. I just need time. Please try to understand?"

"Oh I understand."

Amber breezed past me walking out the door as Billie walked in. Amber turned towards me after looking Billie up and down. Billie was wearing her oversized sweatpants, oversized t shirt and custom Jordan's. Typical outfit for her. Amber was in a sexy pantsuit with heels. The kind of thing she always wore.

After looking Billie up and down amber mouthed, "really?" to me and got into her car to leave.

Billie turned towards me as amber pulled away, "was that Calvin's teacher?"

I shook my head no and got teary eyed,

"That was my girlfriend."