Guilty Face CLEO'S POV

Calvin slowly started to warm up to Billie. I'm not sure what he thought we were, but I would explain it all to him one day. He would understand when he was older. Two moms is better than one.

Calvin asked about amber less and less, but I still taught Sasha dance classes. I really thought amber would have pulled Sasha out of my studio by now, because as you can imagine there are many other prestigious dancer instructors in L.A. but she never did...I think amber kept her there because it was her only connection left with me. She thought Billie was going to fuck up and leave me all alone and vulnerable again...sometimes I thought so too.

Sometimes I would wake up in the middle of the night to an empty bed and hear Billie on the phone in the bathroom. The mumbles were hard to understand but I was dying to know who she was talking to...if it was another girl. I couldn't be heartbroken again....Or maybe we were in danger...she would tell me right?

I tried to push these thoughts to the back of my head as I allowed Billie to come back into my life and be my wife forever, we did say vows after all. Things felt pretty normal again until we got a knock on the door one evening. Billie was in the shower so I skipped over to the front door and answered it.

"May I help you?"

Two detectives stood in front of me, already peering behind me in the house. I blocked their view.

"I said CAN I help you?" I raised my eyebrows and put my hand on my hip.

The shorter detective cleared his throat,

"Yes - erm are you Cleo Eilish?"

I nodded, "why do you ask?"

"When was the last time you saw your wife?"

I thought quickly. Something was off. Billie needed protected.

"Years. She's MIA. Why? Did you find her?"

They both shook their heads no,

"Sorry to waste your time ma'am, you should really get some separation papers going if it's been years," the taller detective handed me his card, "call us if you hear anything."

They both got into a blacked out Tahoe and left. Billie walked down the steps in a towel,

"What's for dinner baby? Who was at the door?"

I glared at her. She gulped. I knew that face. That was her guilty face.