New love

*Time skip 4 years*

"Calvin! Shoes on! What did I tell you? Geez I have to say thing at least twice for you to listen," I grumbled.

"Sorry mommy," the blonde hair blue eyed boy replied.

He was so cute I couldn't really be mad. I got into the minivan in the driveway and drove to the all brick building. I adjusted Calvin's uniform and walked him into the building, holding hands.

I crouched down to his level,

"You're going to have a great first day of preschool. You're going to make so many friends. I'll see you at 3 okay? I love you so much," I kissed his forehead and he responded,

"I love you too momma!"

My heart melted every time I heard that, but I didn't have time for my heart to melt right now. I had a dance class to teach in 20 minutes. I rushed back to my car and quickly drove to the studio I had bought and fixed.

A lot had changed since I last saw Billie. She had never contacted me, not by text, call, mail, etc. Nothing. It hurt so bad I had to have something to distract me. I was lucky to have dance.

Maggie had gotten an apartment nearby with Billie's father. Finneas called them sometimes but from what Maggie said...he never talked about Billie. Maggie hadn't heard from her either, but she was very involved in Calvin's life and for that, I was so lucky. He loved his grandma.

I had finally move on. Kind of. After several one night stands with meaningless women, I had found one that I could really talk to. I spilled my guts out to her, told her everything. She held me when I cried, assured me she wouldn't leave me like that. Her name was Amber and I was pretty sure I loved her. I taught her daughter's ballet class. That's how we met. I wasn't looking for love, but that's always when it found me.

Maggie supported my relationship. She knew how down and abandoned I had felt after Billie...after all it had been 4 whole years. She babysat Calvin and Amber's daughter, Sasha on our date nights. Amber thought Maggie was my mom, not Billie's.

I pulled into the studio just in time for class. I speed walked in and Amber greeted me at the front desk. She was normally already with a client by now, she was an attorney and had a very busy schedule.

"Hey gorgeous," Amber greeted me with a coffee for me in hand.

I took one sip and recognized my favorite. Iced coconut milk macchiato from Starbucks. She knew me.

"Hey you! I'm surprised you aren't with a client. Thanks so much for the coffee, I could really use it today," I responded.

"I remember what it was like when Sasha started school...yikes I feel old now! Haha, but I wanted to be here for you if you needed me. I have a meeting with a client I need to go to now but I'm only a phone call away, okay babe?"

I nodded and smiled at her,

"Thank you for thinking of me honey, I'll talk to you later? I love you," I gave her a quick peck on the lips as she responded,

"Love you too!" And walked out the front door.