=13=

Renjun was sat in the detention room after school, he just got there after his last class finished. A few minutes later Jaemin walked in, taking a long glance at Renjun, who didn't pay him any attention, before looking down and sitting a few desks away from Renjun.

The teacher told them that they weren't allowed to talk, sleep, or go on their phone. Then the teacher went over to their desk, sat down and started grading more papers.

The whole time Renjun read a book and occasionally glanced at Jaemin, who had his head resting in his hands and looked deep in thought. A few times Renjun glanced at Jaemin and he would see Jaemin glancing at him.

Eventually detention ended and the teacher dismissed them. Renjun got up and made his way out of the classroom. He made it down the hall and was walking towards the exit when he felt a tug on his jacket sleeve. He turned around to see Jaemin holding his sleeve. He turned around to face Jaemin completely and crossed his arms, waiting to hear what Jaemin had to say for himself.

Jaemin sighed and looked into Renjun's eyes. "Renjunie, I'm really sorry about what happened. I really shouldn't have done that," he said in a low voice that was filled with guilt.

Renjun bit his lip. "It sounds like you should be saying sorry to that boy you tripped, not me," he said.

"I have already. He has a class with me and I apologized to him. He was confused but said to just forget about it," Jaemin said, face scrunched up in guilt.

Renjun let out a sigh. "That's a good start," there was a pause for a few seconds, "but what made you do it in the first place? Why do you bully people?" He asked, trying to understand goes on in Jaemin's head.

Jaemin was quiet for a few seconds, thinking.Then he started slow, "I guess when we were in middle school, Mark, Jeno, and I, we weren't that tough and we went to a middle school that had a few bullies. We were targets for the first year for those guys... I guess we started to fight back and eventually we were the ones bullying, making sure we weren't messed with," Jaemin stared off into the distance, "After that it just became our habit. Then in our last year in middle we saw Jisung, someone we knew from when we were kids, getting picked on and knew we had to keep him with us," Jaemin took a deep breath and looked back down into Renjun's eyes. "Renjun, I promise I'll do my best to stop, but I know habits are hard to break and... I was wondering if you could help me...," Jaemin reaches over and took Renjun's hand in his, "I need you here to keep my dumbass in check," Jaemin said with a small smile, giving Renjun a hopeful look.

Renjun has no idea that happened to them. It explained why they were so mean, they just wanted to protect themselves. Renjun was glad that Jaemin wanted to change his habit and stop hurting others. Renjun struggled to hold back a smile, still trying to be a little upset against this big dummy's puppy eyes. "I'm not sure..." Renjun pretended to think and in that moment he saw Jaemin hopeful look fall into a worried expression, "Okay fine, I will stay with you and help," Renjun said with a nod.

Jaemin's face lit up and he quickly hugged Renjun, picking him up and spinning him around. He stopped and put Renjun down but didn't pull out of the hug. "Renjun...thank you for staying. I know I can be an asshole," he said quietly.

Renjun pulled out of the hug and used both of his hands to squish Jaemin's cheeks. "Yeah you really can be an asshole," he said with a smile.

"Hey!" Jaemin shouted before throwing Renjun over his shoulder. Renjun hit with an 'oof' and started wiggling and yelling at Jaemin to put him down. "Sorry Injunie, you asked for it," Jaemin said as he smirked to himself, heading towards his motorcycle.

Jaemin set Renjun down once they got next to his motorcycle and before Renjun could say anything Jaemin shoved the helmet onto his head. "You ass!" Renjun said as he lightly punched Jaemin in the chest then adjusted the helmet. Jaemin just laughed and swung his leg over the motorcycle and told Renjun to hop on.

Renjun got on and wrapped his arms around Jaemin and laid his head on Jaemin's back. "You ready?" Jaemin asked. Renjun just responded with a nod of his head and a light squeeze of his arms. Jaemin couldn't contain the smile on his face. He was so happy to have Renjun right there with him.

They drove to Renjun's house and Renjun hopped off the bike and took off the helmet. Jaemin stood up and brought Renjun into a hug, he couldn't help himself, he just wanted to hold Renjun all day long if he could. "Hey Renjunie, do you want to have dinner with me tomorrow?" Jaemin asked.

Renjun has his arms around Jaemin's neck. He felt his heart skip a beat at the question. "Yeah that sounds good," he responded. He felt his face get hot and knew he was screwed.

"Renjun you're so cute!" Jaemin yelled as he pulled away from the hug and pinched Renjun's pink cheeks while cooing.

Renjun scrunched his face up and pushed Jaemin's hands away from his face and shoved the helmet at Jaemin . "I'm leaving now," he said in annoyance as he turned around and walked towards his building's entrance.

"Bye Renjunie! I'll see you tomorrow night at seven!" Jaemin called as he waved bye to Renjun.

Renjun looked back and gave a small wave and smile before going into his building and making his way up to his apartment.

Once Renjun got in he went to his room and laid on the bed. He looked up at his ceiling and smiled to himself, thinking about going to dinner with Jaemin tomorrow.

What do you guys think of the story🥴. I hope you guys are enjoying!