III

“Oh shit, she was more terrible than the last class,” a girl voiced with a horrified tone.

“I know. Did you see her make-up?” The other girl exhaled dreamily. “Heavenly perfect. Spotless.”

The two girls giggled as they sauntered past a gloomy looking Kimi, passing him a weary look. “Clover’s right. Dude looks weird.”

Kimi walked slowly to his next class with a frown on his face, clueless of the world.

I’m hungry.

“If it isn’t zombie boy.” The girl from the previous day walked into him and placed the heel of her shoe on Kimi’s toes. “Are you lost?” She placed her hands on her waist and her hips. “Did you just escape from the grave?”

Kimi bared his teeth. “Fucking leave me alone.”

The girl looked falsely surprised and placed a hand on her chest, her pack of followers gathering around the pair of them. “The undead talks. Shocking I must say.”

“He looks mad Clover,” a student snickered. “Is he going to explode?”

Students rushed by with just a spared glance but stopped in their tracks when Kimi violently pulled his leg from under Clover’s.

His shoulders locked into place as he glared up at Clover with raging eyes. “Fuck you.” And he walked away to his class.

Clover pouted in defeat. “I hate him.”

*

“Allow me to give you the answer to ‘x’ when ‘y’ is pissed,” the teacher said and turned towards the door when Kimi barged in with a frown. “And late.”

Kimi slowed his breathing and bit his top lip to control himself.

“And why’re you late?” The teacher fiddled with the marker pen in her hands. “Please, enlighten me.”

“I was held back by—”

The door was thrown open, and a calm Clover walked in. She sashayed into the class with a flip of her raven curls.

“Miss Mikher please I hope—”

“I was with the school’s nurse Mrs. Yin. I”—she rubbed her stomach—“wasn’t feeling too well.” She gave Kimi a faint glare. “Girl problem.”

Mrs. Yin just sighed and motioned for Clover to go to her seat. “Since you’re new and need to make up for the time you lost, see me after class.” She motioned to the class with a jerk of her head. “Take a seat.”

Kimi breathed through his nose and walked to the back of the class, searching for an empty seat but saw none except the one between the two brothers. He froze and jerked on his feet.

“Is there a problem Mr. Mikaelis?” the teacher called and received nothing.

Everything blurred as Kimi’s breathing quickened. His bag slackened.

Those eyes.

“Mr. Mikaelis.”