XXVIII

With a big jolt, Kimi started awake. His mind was muddled and his memory was vague. His head was pounding furiously and he held it, wincing because of the pain. Kimi slowly sat up, confusion in his eyes.

Why did I just wake up? he thought, his eyes following his roommates who were moving from one corner to another. How did I fall asleep?

Ugh...” He groaned in pain as he tried to get out of the bed.

“Kimi? Are you alright?” Silver asked softly, watching as Kimi weakly sat on the edge of the bed.

“Why... are you guys packing your stuff?” Kimi asked in a breathy voice, watching as his roommates slowly packed up their bags.

Dae-yang seized her actions and turned to face him. “Oh. Don’t you know? Last night the cad—”

“Parents are asking for the return of their children,” Silver answered quickly, cutting Dae-yang short. “It seems like someone had got badly hurt and they aren’t taking it lightly.” As Dae-yang gave him a confused look, he simply nudged his head towards Kimi, a knowing look in his eyes.

“Oh,” Dae-yang said under her breath. She scratched her head and said, “it’s just sad that I didn’t get to take a picture with Ren.” She squealed and said, “oh my goodness! His red hair is longer, and he’s even more handsome! And he—”

“Dae-yang not now!” Kimi snapped in irritation. He grinded his teeth in pain, his eyes narrowing. He spared her a small glare, putting up with the severe headache.

She shuddered in fright at his voice. Sadness caused her shoulders to droop and she muttered a small apology.

“Oh fuck. The almighty is finally awake,” Raja droned with an eye roll, rumpling his cloths and shoving them into his bag.

Silver shook his head and exhaled softly. He looked back at Kimi and almost rushed to him as he saw Kimi sway when he tried to stand up.

The room spun, making Kimi dizzy. He carefully shuffled to the bathroom, his back hunched in tiredness. Why the hell am I so tired? he thought in confusion as he pulled the door shut. Had I seen blood last night? And if I did, why can’t I remember it?

*

All the members of the school quickly packed up their things and rushed to the seaport. Some students had confusion written all over their faces. They were surprised as to why they were suddenly returning back to Rhodes Isles. Apparently, even the teachers had no clue except for the fact that some parents are extremely worried about their children. It was obvious that the picture and the messages had all been deleted before dawn by the cadavers. They had done that in order to sustain what little peace that was remaining.

“Where’s Principal Aardvark?” a student asked as they were taking roll calls.

Tobe paused his actions, dropped his hand and asked, “who asked that?”

The girl moved to the front of the group, her gaze on the floor.

Tobe pushed up his glasses and lightly said, “Principal Aardvark can’t make it. She’s sick and irreversibly ill.” He looked at all the faces of the worried students. “When you all go home, think about what you gained during this excursion and not what you wish you had done. And to inform you all, the school will be shut down till Wednesday. Take the rest of the week to rest.”