Chapter 9: Final Memory Prison

The next morning Xaug, Syvix, and Galof sat behind a rock on the outskirts of the forest that let out to the portal to Atlantis. They knew that they still had time before whatever Vex's plan was for escape but they didn't want to miss the window of opportunity should it come sooner.

****

Vex sat alone in a jail cell, completely bound to the ground in chains. He waited for his opportunity to set his plan in motion. He heard a noise as Hendok came down the stairs into the dungeon.

"To what do I owe this visit" Vex asked.

"You have information" Hendok said, "I'm to get it out of you."

"Let me guess" Vex said in a bored tone, "You'll start with what exactly my plan is that I would get captured so easily."

"Exactly" Hendok confirmed.

Hendok sat down in front of Vex and focused all of his energy on Vex's mind.

He saw himself standing before a red orb talking to Lucifer.

"The chosen one is going to arrive soon and I am no match against her- especially if she uses the crown. I'm going to surrender" He said in Vex's voice.

"Why" Lucifer asked.

"You said that Syvix visited you seeking passage into the city, right? You also said that they were previously in possession of the Dark One who was resealed."

"I did" Lucifer said, trying to catch his meaning.

"I'll steal the crystal in the confusion of the coup and bond it to the soul of someone here in the city."

"Who?"

"Well" Vex thought aloud, "It would have to be someone with good morals so they wouldn't use the power against us but still vulnerable enough to make a deal with you. Taking those factors into consideration I think Kendra's apprentice is the best choice, plus added revenge in the process."

"I like the way you think" Lucifer said. "How will you escape the city?"

"The Final Memory Prison that Syvix made" Vex said. "Thanks to what we learned from the remains of the village we know who destroyed it was under his control. All we have to do is get Syvix close to the city to mentally give orders and I will make sure that as he's reading my Mind Hendok learns the truth about what he really is!"

As Vex watched Hendok reading his mind he saw a mark flash on his forehead, marking the curse's activation.

*******

"That's odd" Syvix said as they waited. "Hendok's Memory Prison was activated...."

Syvix closed his eyes and focused his energy.

*****

"Master would like to know why you activated me" Hendok said, his voice somewhat void of emotion.

"You're my ticket out" Vex said. "But first I need you to bring me Kendra's apprentice, Zefor and some food to replenish my energy."

Hendok stood still for a moment before saying "Master agrees to help you full your full cooperation with getting passage into the city on the solstice."

"Deal" Vex declared as a twisted smile spread across his face.