Chapter 3: Entering Atlantis

The next morning the group made their way west to the coast, they would be at the gateway to Atlantis before noon. Jade was nervous about entering the city after all her mother told her about her parent's banishment. Jade however had an enchantment know as "The Crown". A bit of peculiar magic used to establish the leader of Hegasha as well as increase the magical potential of the one who wears it. Having this essentially made her Queen- and thereby allowing her entry to the city without interference.

"You're essentially going to be on your own" her mother reminded her. "Me, Your father, and Saje are banished from the city."

"Let's not forget the whole 'I'm a wanted criminal' thing for the genocide of my people" Talon added with a somewhat sarcastic tone.

"But you didn't really do that" Jade argued. "Syvix had you under mind control."

"They won't believe it" Arda said. "We don't have tangible proof and the counsel would rather kill me than believe me...."

"So it will just be me" Jade concluded. "I'll be own my own."

"I'm going with you" Serenity chimed in. Talon gave his sister a suspicious look.

"Are you sure" Jade asked.

"You won't change my mind" Serenity concluded.

"I can go as well" Hendok said. "I would like to contribute something to this adventure for a change."

"You've contributed" Jade said.

"How" Hendok pressed? "With the exception of teaching you telekinesis and provide some extra muscle at the Battle of Kred I haven't actually done anything. You all contributed to fighting the Dark One where I was just there to tell Arda when to seal the Dark One."

"Don't talk like that" Jade comforted. "You're doing fine."

Hendok looked up at her and smiled. They looked ahead as they emerged from the forest they had been walking through. A man clad in armor stood in from of a platform- the portal to Atlantis. The group approached him.

"Leave these grounds immediately" The man order as he held a spear to them.

"Grant me entrance to the city" Jade declared.

"You have not gone through the proper channels" he insisted. "You are not authorized to be here."

The crown flashed on Jade's forehead for a brief moment as the guard looked in Awe. "I will enter the city."

The guard looked to the rest of the group. "Arda, Gremdar, Saje, and Talon are banished from the city- even you don't have the authority to bring them."

"I'm aware" Jade said. Hendok and Serenity stepped forward with Jade onto the platform. Talon cast a concerned look at his sister before they were teleported into the city.

"She'll be fine" Arda said.

"What about Kendra" Talon asked. "I'm not sure how fine she'll be once Serenity finds her..."

"Neither am I" Arda said, looking at Gremdar. "We just have to hope for the best."