Chapter 19: The Battle of Atlantis: Forceful Entry

Xaug, Syvix, Galof, and Hendok all stood on the beach impatiently waiting for Vex. A small platoon of shadow soldiers, no more than twenty, stood with them.

"He's Running late" Syvix commented. "What if he tries to sabotage our efforts?"

"We signed a contract for safe passage into the city" Xaug explained. "If their end of the deal isn't held up Lucifer's power would be severely crippled making our needs for the crystals lessened in the process."

Vex walked up to them, a wicked smile on his face. "We have a last second change" He said.

"You can't revoke a previous deal" Xaug said.

"I'm not revoking anything" Vex replied, pulling out another contract, "Just a last second addition. Provide Lucifer enough blood to fill a vial, help me escort Zefor to Hell, and leave us alone for a whole year from today."

"That's a pretty big set of demands" Syvix commented, "Why would we ever agree to that when we are already set for what we want."

"The previous agreement was for passage into the city" Vex explained, savoring the position he was in, "This agreement is to keep Lucifer and his forces from making any attempt to sabotage your efforts in the city. Granted I can't do anything to Xaug but the other three of you aren't protected by a prophecy and I'm not the only one of his demons you'll have to worry about in the city."

"You planned this" Xaug said. "You and Lucifer planed this and decided to not provide this agreement until the last possible moment."

"We did but that doesn't really change the current situation" Vex sneered.

"We are surrounded by a few demons" Hendok said.

"Yeah invisibility is a rather useful power isn't it" Vex said.

Xaug looked at Galof and Syvix considering their options but the sheer sight of Vex infuriated him and further cemented exactly why Lucifer needed to be taken down. He grabbed the parchment and Quill from Vex's hand. He poked his finger with the quill causing it to bleed, then pressed his finger to the parchment as a drop of his blood instantly formed his name to appear in blood red letters.

Vex took the quill and parchment back as he pulled out a gemstone from his pocket. He placed the gemstone in the center of the runes on the ground in front of the gateway. The crystal glew a bright red as the portal opened up.