Chapter 20: Battle of Atlantis: Downward Spiral

As the portal opened both armies wasted no time charging at one another. As Hendok watched over the fighting he was reaching out psychically to scout the entire city.

"We have a problem" Hendok called out to Syvix. "I'm detecting some unusual energies."

"Unusual how" Syvix asked.

"I am sensing two different Jades, Both are near the Crystal. I am also sensing Zefor with the Dark One sealed inside him but I also sense a stronger version of the Dark One."

"How is that possible" Syvix demanded.

"I don't know" Hendok declared, noticeably frustrated. "There's also a psychic in the area trying to fight my power from reading their minds. I also sense something else, like gold energy."

"Just get me to Zefor" Vex demanded.

Hendok sent a location to Vex's mind. Vex smiled and ran off to the location of Zefor. Syvix broke from the ranks of the battle to make his way to the crystal- being careful for the surprise guests Hendok mentioned.

Kandra took immediate notice of Galof as she charged at him, swords drawn. He drew his own sword to block her first strike with her left hand and blocking her second with his left arm. Her sword caught on his armor as he twisted his arm to pry it from her hand. As the sword left her grip she grabbed his right arm and proceeded to toss him over her back to body slam him on the ground. As she pinned him to the ground she reached under his armor to find the buckle that fastened his chest piece. He threw her off him by unleashing a pulse of energy from his body. A quarter of his shadow soldiers disappeared.

"You're much better than the last time we dueled" he said, a smile on his face from the enjoyment he felt.

"I haven't even begun" Kendra declared.

"Galof, Fall back" Xaug declared. "Focus all your energy into the soldiers, your vendetta with Arda will have to wait."

Galof nodded to Xaug as he found himself being swarmed by his shadows providing a layer of defense from Kendra. Kendra started to whittle away at the wall but more soldiers took the place of the ones she struck down.

As the sun started to rise a huge explosion from the other side of the city was heard. Hendok and Arda looked at the source feeling genuinely confused.

"Something is wrong" Hendok screamed to Xaug.

"What happened, did Syvix fail?"

"No he's returning with the crystal but I can't sense Jade anymore!"

Saje turned to Arda with a shocked expression as she confirmed this with a nod.

Jade was gone and the city began to sink.