Chapter 7: Fate's Puppet

Back at their lair Syvix and Galof considered their next moves as Xaug looked into the Orb Lucifer had given them. His head seemed to be swirling with so many thoughts and doubts the past month and a half. 

Syvix noticed he was deep in thought, "What's on your mind" he asked.

"It's what the Dark One said about fate" Xaug explained. "He said that many destinies exist, does that include ones where I never left Saje?"

Galof looked over, concerned for Xaug. "You never let yourself be vulnerable like this" Galof said.

"The whole reason I started on this path was because I felt like I had no choice- that it was my fate and I had no say on it.... but now...."

"Now that you know that it isn't completely true, you're questioning what you're doing" Syvix asked.

"Maybe the plan with the crystals is a flawed one" Xaug said, "Maybe we should find a way that doesn't causes so much destruction in the process."

"Granted we only have one more crystal to worry about where destruction is concerned" Syvix added. "We have six weeks till the solstice to decide what course of action to take."

"You're not angry with me" Xaug asked. "For not sticking to the plan?"

"I never cared about the plan" Syvix said. "My only goal has been to kill Lucifer, if you as my leader think that there's a better way than to follow through on the prophecy to protect yourself from him then I'll be behind you."

"The prophecy and Crystals are just a means to an end" Galof added. "Finishing this task would make you nearly unstoppable to carry out our plans but if you think we need to bail I'll support you as well."

"I just don't want to be Fate's Puppet" Xaug said. "But now I know that I have a choice- I just don't know what that choice should be..."

The Orb in Xaug's hand began to glow. "I have an opportunity to get you into the city" said Lucifer's voice, echoing in the orb. "If you can help me secure an exit for Vex in three days I'll provide all the help needed to secure the crystal on the solstice."

"Fine" Xaug said.

"Three days from now at sunrise be ready at the Portal to Atlantis" Lucifer said as the orb went dark.

Galof looked to Xaug. "Are we going through with the plan then" he asked.

"One step at a time" Xaug said, "Let's just secure Vex's exit."