Chapter 1 - Phone Number?

Nandini's POV

"Nandini..." I turned around only to see Navya Running towards me. I frowned once I saw her face which was red.

"What happened to you?" I asked adjusting the books in my hand. I just came from library gathering all the books I needed to prepare my semester exam.

"God, I was trying to find you everywhere but you are here in library?" I nodded.

"Of course I will be in library, I have to examine all the notes that professor discusses in the class today"

"Do you know all the students has Ben out in play ground" she said breathing heavily.

"Play ground? Is there any sports competition going on?" I asked her. She nodded.

"Yeah, I heard the girls talking there will be a bike race"

"I am not interested, I have too much to study" I replied and turned around to leave but her next word stopped me in middle.

"Manik Malhotra is racing there" my eyes widened. Navya knows I have a huge crush on Manik since I got in this college. He is the most handsome man I ever laid my eyes on. Whenever I see him my heart started to beat faster than ever.

I meet Navya at the 4 day of my college. She is cute, bubbly, beautiful and smart girl. Other girls don't talk to me much because in their view I am nothing but a ugly nerd girl. I simple dressing disgust them the most. But Navya is different. She was the one who come to offering to befriend. I have no friends exactly except her.

"Manik?" I turned around immediately.  Navya nodded her head.

"Who else who do such crazy things anyway?" She laughed. Manik is very daring every time, never fears for consequence. He is kind a straight forward guy who love to talk directly.

I sighed. He never noticed me anyway. He had girls around him. Beautiful yet sexy girls who roam around almost half naked. Why would he want such a nerd girl like me when he is surrounded by all the beauties here in college.

"I will watch his match from classroom" Navya shook her head.

"Seriously?" I nodded my head.

"Fine, I will see you at end then" I nodded again. She ran away biding me good bye. Such a typical girl. I smiled looking at the way she just ran.

Oh, Manik's race match!

I quickly walk towards the next floor classroom. It was on 3rd floor so I can have a clear view from there. I walk towards the window bench and placed my books on the table. I can hear the cheers. The students gathered around the whole play ground. UU (Universe University) has a huge play ground. It was huge enough to hell racing competition.

I can see him walking towards his red bike. And Cabir was his opponent. Manik is known as a bad boy in UU. He is rich and son of a great businessman Dhiren Malhotra and Kalyani Malhotra. No dares to argue with him because of his power.

Soon the race started. Both of them going well with speed. Always Manik was the one who won the match and I believe today he will win too. Crowd cheered proudly shouting his name. Half of them shouting Cabir's Name too. They are going crazy for the match. Suddenly when the race about to end Manik's bike suddenly stopped in middle. Cabir was behind him but he passed him reaching to finish line. I can see Manik struggling with his bike and then the paper bomb spread declaring the winner. The crowd gasped loudly. How did he fail this time? I stroke the glass looking down at the play ground. I sighed. Today is really like a tragic moment. He was the one who always win the match but looks like he lost today. I wonder, of this race is just a normal one or based on something.