Chapter 8 - A New Girl

Nandini's POV

"And here it is" I said as I took the printout paper in my hand. Today is the last day of submitting our project. Most of the students already submitted already but due to our unfinished work we have to do it today.

"Do you think it will work? You know everyone are taking the common topic and based on it I feel our topic is little different" Navya said looking at the paper in her hand.

"Of course not. You are feeling like that because we have never tried on it. And teachers did not said which topic we should made. They just told us that we need to choose something which reflects importance and that matters" I replied taking the last page.

"I hope so. I heard students talking about how Prof. Bhusan praising Alok and Nandita about their presentation"

I shrugged and pulled the paper together "they are his favourite students so obviously he will be praising them. That's nothing new to gossip"

"I just want this damn project to be finished' Navya huffed.

"Let's go. Class is about to start" I said and we headed towards the class.

After 5 minutes Prof. Bhusan entered with his file and book.

"Today is the last day of project and now submit those who were left yesterday" he asked as he sat on chair.

Me and Navya walked forward with our file. There are few more students who is going to join us.

"Nandini & Navya. Submit your file" he asked and I give him our project file. He took it and opened it. Flipping the pages for few minutes he looked up.

"Why did you guys choose this topic? Do you think is reliable?" He asked with serious tone.

"Why not sir? This is the most important topic now a days" I replied simply.

"Why only this and there are many important mattered too"

I nodded "because we wanted to present something which is different and uncommon from others already overwritten thoughts"

He looked at us for a minute. Instead of declaring the chosen topic we headed for the topic of  indifferent attitudes over the things of now a days. Their thought, criticisms and even way of taking actions.

"Nandini and Navya" he called our names with serious tone "I must say that your works and thoughts on it really showing the hard work behind it and I am really impressed with it. This is the first time anyone presented with different aspect. Well done and good job"

Our eyes widened as we look at each other. Prof. Bhusan smiled with a nod. And that's what we wanted. His satisfaction.

"I never thought he will be this impress" Navya said with smile. I nodded. Though I thought he won't disappoint with us but never expected it will impress him.

"Hey look" Navya patted my shoulder.

"What?" I asked.

"There did not you noticed that girl" I looked at the corner where a girl was standing talking to some other girls.

"So what? Did not ever see a girl before?" I rolled my eyes.

"No you don't understand. She is new here. I never seen her before here"

"Forget her what do you want to do with her. Be her best friends?"

Navya glared at me "take it seriously"

"Let's go we have many things to do" I pulled her with me.

"Like what?"

"Like eating cause I am hungry"