Chapter 6 - A Date?

Nandini's POV

Here another weekend. Time past so fast weekend after weekend. And the timing of submitting the duel protect is nearing. 2 weeks ago there was a duel protect on some particular topic. Navya and me were partnered up for it.

"What are you going to do today?" Navya asked as she walked out of the bathroom. She had towel wrapped around her body and on her head.

"What's there to do special? We need to complete our project as soon as possible" I replied as I opened the project file.

"Doing study in weekends too?" She huffed. I glared at her.

"Of course we need to. What do you think whose gonna complete our work for us except ourselves?"

"That's gross, I was thinking to have a little peace of mind today" she replied as she fall on the bed flat. I raised my eyebrows at her.

"You can't throw your drama every time girl besides you already too a day off yesterday so no fooling around"

"But when did I?" She looked confused. Really did she forgot what she was doing all day yesterday.

I put the pan on the paper before looking at her with a sharp gaze "madam let me remind you, you were sleeping all after sneaking out of the class"

She made faces giving an innocent face "but I was just tired"

I sighed. I don't know what to do with this girl "Navya stop compiling already. You know how important out study is. If we don't prepare a good topic to submit then they will cut 20% percent of our marks"

She looked at me for a while "I will just come changing" I smiled at her nodding.

After an hour we are still engrossed with our project topic. We discussed about what topic we should work.

"Is global warming sounds good?" She asked. I shook my head.

"If we are creating about something on dangerous issue than its a common idea. The issue of global warming may have depicted by others so I don't think repeating the same topic will get us any points"

"How do you so sure about it?"

"Its a common besides easy topic to discuss. So obviously other students will choose it" I shrugged "we need a topic which can be important issue along with inspiring yet uncommon"

"Really? Do you have anything in mind?"

"I was thinking what if-" I was about to say but the ringing of my phone stopped me in middle.

"Wait a minute" I excused before grabbing my phone. The number had me roll my eyes. Why he is calling me?

"What?" I asked as soon as I answered.

"Hello to you too" there come his arrogant tone.

"Why did you called me?"

"Do I need any special reason to call you?"

"Don't you?" I frowned.

"Of course not. I wanted to talk to you so I called" just that?

"I am busy" I replied.

"What are you doing that made you so busy that you can't spare some times for your boyfriend?"

I closed my eyes and grit my teeth "you are not my boyfriend. Stop emphasizing that word"

"You can't change reality but you will understand soon"

"What do you mean by that?"

"You will know soon" again?