Tourist Trapped: Part Two

The smell of rain and sap filled the air as Gideon stepped out of the car. In the middle of the forest was the Mystery Shack, the business belonging to Ford, as well as Pacifica's parents. 

Gideon clutched his suitcase, staring at the ominous-looking cabin. 

"Well, come on," Ford said. "Everyone's waiting to meet you."

Gideon followed Pacifica and Ford into the Mystery Shack. They entered from the front door and into the gift shop. At the counter was a teen boy with black hair, wearing an unbuttoned green plaid shirt and a white shirt with an embroidered red stitched heart. 

"Hey, Ford," the boy called. "This Gideon?"

"Yep, one of Pacifica's cousins," Ford replied. "Gideon, this is Robbie. He works here most of the week."

Robbie waved to the cousins. "Nice meeting ya, Gideon."

Ford turned to Gideon. "I hope you won't think this is too weird, but you and Pacifica will have to share a room. Until we have enough space."

"Nope," Robbie chimed in. "Melody's been installing a wall in Pacifica's room so they have their own space." 

"Problem solved, then." Ford glanced at the cousins. "Pacifica, show Gideon his room. And yours too, I guess."

"On it, Uncle Ford," Pacifica said, saluting him. She grabbed Gideon's backpack and headed towards the stairs. "C'mon, Gid."

"Don't you ever call me that," Gideon sighed. 

"No can do, Gid."

Gideon gritted his teeth and followed his cackling cousin up the stairs.

Neither of them noticed Ford pull something out of his pocket, unfold a piece of paper, and stare at an assortment of shapes - a triangle inside of a circle. They didn't catch him muttering something under his breath -

- and then hurriedly shoving the paper back into his pocket.