The Hand that Rocks the Pine: Part One

As soon as Ford had his third journal, he had exited the living room as fast as possible after the whole out-logicking him thing - and he locked himself in his room, slamming the journal onto his desk.

He flipped through the pages until he came to the page with the random lines that made up a drawing.

Well.

A third of the drawing, anyway.

He couldn't let the cousins have the journal back - not yet. Not until he -

A thought crossed his mind and he groaned. 

"Well," he muttered, "you have another reason to visit the Tent of Telepathy."

The next morning found Gideon and Pacifica in the gift shop with Robbie, who was working at the counter. 

"Having fun so far, Gideon?" Robbie asked.

Gideon thought back to the twins and the gnomes in the forest. "Yeah. It's been okay."

The three were silent until a customer came up to Robbie to buy a few things. Pacifica and Gideon wandered over to the hats and shirts. 

And suddenly Ford was there.

Pacifica pressed a hand to her heart when she realized who was behind her.

"Sorry," Ford apologized. "For that, and what I'm about to tell you - I can't give you the journal back just yet."

Pacifica's face fell. Gideon felt a twang of disappointment but pushed it away - the journal must be important to Ford, so he would respect that. 

It would be cool to have the journal back, though.

"To make it up to you, I won't tell your parents, Pacifica, and you two can pick something from the gift shop. For free."

Ooh. Gideon immediately searched and found the selection of blue-and-white hats with ironed-on symbols on the front of the hat. Pacifica didn't move. She was still frozen in shock - no journal.

This was Gideon's fault.

He had brought it out of his room, he had read it in the living room. If he hadn't done any of that -

She watched as he picked up a hat with a multicolored star with a lone eye in the middle.

"I really am sorry, Pacifica," Ford said. "I just - I need it for a project."

"And we need it for our safety," Pacifica shot back. "You, Mom, and Dad never let me out of the house during summer vacation. I'm always bored out of my mind, and now you're taking away my only chance at having an adventure!"

"I'm taking you to the Tent of Telepathy next week," Ford reminded her. "Remember? I've never been, so we can have an adventure together."

"No, you don't understand." Pacifica stormed off to a different section of the gift shop, angrily grabbing the first thing she saw - a grappling hook.

Ford rubbed his face. "Pacifica," he sighed. "I do understand."

Mabel checked her makeup in the big dressing room mirror. "When's our show tonight, Dipper?"

"Seven, like always." Dipper made sure his amulet was secured in place, holding his cloak together by the means of a magnet. "It's been seven ever since we started."

"Well, I'm guessing Will over here doesn't know when to investigate the Mystery Shack." Mabel gestured to nothing in particular.

"Where even is Will?" Dipper grumbled. "Stan didn't believe us at breakfast."

"Who knows. He's way too chipper for his first day of your deal, anyway."

"Agreed," Dipper said. "How long do you think it'll take him to fail?"

"I bet a week," Mabel sniggered. "If he fails or not, it's a win-win. We either find out the Southeasts' secret or that isosceles moron works for us."

The twins shared an evil smile.

Unbeknownst to either of them, their closet for their stage clothes started emitting a faint light. The shooting star on Mabel's stage jacket and the pine tree on Dipper's cloak (which, in fact, he was wearing right then) started glowing faintly.

"Show time, sister," Dipper said, unfastening his glowing cloak. "The people of Gravity Falls must be dying to see us out and about."

Instead of a cloak, Dipper tied the sleeves of a blue sweater around his shoulders. He made sure his amulet wasn't attached to the magnent on his cloak, but now around his neck and the straps hidden underneath his shirt collar.

"Kids!" Stan poked his head into the dressing room. "Where's the triangle thing you keep mentioning?"

"I'll get him," Dipper said. Then he yelled: "WILL!"

The blue triangle popped into existance besides Dipper. "You called?"

"This is our great-uncle," Dipper said, gesturing to Stan. "He's also the manager of our shows."

Stan smirked. "So this is Cipher," he said. "I'll be waiting to hear the results of your deal with my nephew."

"Yes, sir," Will said with confidence. "Won't let you down, Mr. Gleeful."

The Gleeful family walked out of the dressing room, leaving Will by himself.

Will didn't move; he had seen the amulets that the twins wore.

"Oh boy," he mumbled.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Things are starting to get interesting in the world of Reverse Falls . . . *rubs hands and evilly smiles*

. . . anyway . . . 

I might not post as frequently during October and November because of NaNoWriMo! I'm trying to finish an original series and working on it during NaNoWriMo seemed like the perfect solution!

So, because of that, beware of hiatuses in between parts for the next couple of months!

With all of that said, have an awesome day, readers!

~ Fairytaled :D