Inconvenience Store: Part Six

Wendy still wasn't entirely sure what had happened in the last ten minutes.

Tambry was stuck on the ceiling, freaking out; the Southeast girl's body was currently inhabited by an angry ghost; and Dipper had been shrunk and trapped in a milk bottle.

"So?" Ghost-Pacifica taunted. "Your expert on ghosts is helpless."

Wendy blew a strand of hair out of her face, sticking her hands in her sweater pocket. "What about you, Gideon? You know anything about ghosts?"

"Yeah, Gideon!" Mabel beamed at the Pines, forgetting about her present troubles. "I'm sure you know something!"

Gideon looked lost. He inched away from Mabel, starting to speak. "I - I've only been here for less than four weeks -"

"Yet you somehow manage to run into a ghost," Wendy grumbled. "And I've lived here my whole life."

Nate stepped forward, looking mad. "Get Tambry down from the ceiling!"

Ghost-Pacifica tilted her head. "Why?"

"She's our friend!" Nate exploded. "What are you doing to do, put me in a video game?"

"Great idea!" Ghost-Pacifica snapped her fingers.

Nate started to glitch out, just like a bad connection in a video game, and he vaporized into little pixels.

"Nate!" Lee cried, looking around wildly. "Where -"

Robbie gaped and pointed up at a broken TV screen. The screen lit up, revealing Nate stuck in the TV.

"And now you've seen my true powers," Ghost-Pacifica laughed. "I've waited so long to do that."

"To trap all of us?" Wendy raised an eyebrow. "We just came here, like, two hours ago."

"You know what I mean," Ghost-Pacifica snapped. "Just to trap teenagers."

"Is there any way you can leave her alone?" Gideon tried.

"If you have that journal of yours," Ghost-Pacifica sneered.

Journal? Did everyone here keep a diary except for Wendy or something?

"I left mine at home," Mabel said, scowling. "That would've come in handy -"

Ghost-Pacifica shrugged. "Not what I meant, but -"

"I need to go to the bathroom!" Gideon exploded.

His pale face turned red under everyone's gaze.

"I don't know where the bathrooms are," Ghost-Pacifica growled, looking mad.

"N-no, I can find them myself!" Gideon cried, running out of the scene.

"This night's turning lame," Lee spoke up, crossing his arms. "You captured all our friends!"

Ghost-Pacifica scowled, her hands filling with blue light again. She shot a bolt of blue light at Lee, who let out a shriek as he disappeared.

"Where did Lee go?" Robbie cried, glancing around.

Wendy paled. "There," she whispered, pointing to a cereal box.

Lee was somehow on the cereal box, trying not to drown in a bowl full of milk and cereal. "Help!" he cried, his voice sounding muffled and far away.

Ghost-Pacifica laughed, shaking the empty milk bottle in her hand. The tiny Dipper was thrown around in the bottle.

"This is turning into a disaster!" Robbie grabbed Wendy's wrist in one hand and Mabel's wrist in the other. "C'mon, we need to hide!"