Inconvenience Store: Part Five

The ghost was, in fact, hiding from the intruders. 

He had a good reason to. The ghost had not-so-fond memories of a young Gleeful, chasing him down a hall while the Gleeful's  brother ran after the whole ordeal. 

So the ghost watched as two new Gleeful twins walked around in the store, one of them clinging onto a white-haired boy who looked annoyed.

"I don't get it," the Gleeful boy said at last. "I can usually sense ghosts right away."

"Maybe this one doesn't like you," the white-haired boy retorted, trying to escape from the girl's grasp and failing. 

The ghost smirked. Exactly.

"So do you want to catch it?" the Gleeful boy snapped.

There was a beat of silence. Then the white-haired boy mumbled something that the ghost couldn't hear.

The Gleeful boy just rolled his eyes. "Let's go." 

The ghost rolled his eyes and turned away from the twins. Enough of that scene. 

The next thing he saw was the redhead and the black-haired boy. What had Cipher called them? Oh, right - Ice Bag and Stitched Heart. 

Meh. They were only watching an insane thirteen-year-old run around like crazy. 

The ghost must've drifted too close to the floor, for the next thing he heard was "THERE IT IS!" 

The ghost turned around and caught a glimpse of brown hair - a Gleeful. 

The ghost shot up towards the ceiling. 

"Get back here!" the Gleeful boy shouted.

Ha. As if. 

Boxes of expired food sailed past the ghost, far out of his reach. He glanced back and almost immediately smirked again - there was no way the Gleefuls would use their powers in public.

"Ghost, I swear, get down here," the Gleeful threatened. 

The ghost cupped his hands around his mouth and yelled, Never!

(Humans would only hear a ghost's talking as a whisper, but the holders of amulets could hear a ghost's speech better.)

The Gleeful scowled. "Stop haunting this store, then."

Why? The ghost taunted. You didn't seem to care when those ghosts haunted the library a couple years ago.

The Gleeful crossed his arms. "Do you want to be used for our shows?"

The ghost stopped.

That was it.

NO! the ghost shouted.

"So come here, let me catch you, and everything's good."

Nuh-uh - of course not.

The Gleeful jumped forward, touching his amulet and his hands glowing blue -

- and falling to the ground as the ghost shot up.

"COME HERE!" the Gleeful shouted.

The ghost swerved around shelves, hearing the Gleeful's running footsteps behind him. He couldn't get caught again, not by another Gleeful - no no no -

Aha.

He spotted his hiding spot not seconds later. Perfect hiding spot, if he said so himself.

And the ghost dove headfirst into the body of the blonde-haired girl.

Dipper gritted his teeth. The ghost had disappeared - again. Where had it even gone off to?