Tourist Trapped: Part Four

The cousins agreed to keep it hidden from Ford - at least, the best they could. 

Why? Gideon still didn't know completely. Pacifica wanted to study the journal without Ford interfering, but Gideon sensed it was something more. He didn't push his cousin, though. 

Besides, the journal was interesting.

There were pages full of zombies, gnomes, maps and descriptions of crystal caves, even a whole page dedicated to a weird drawing full of random lines. The most interesting page was the drawing of a triangle with one eye. Warnings covered that page, and a corner of the page was crinkled with a washed-out blue tear stain.

"I've heard about this my whole life," Pacifica breathed. "He used to tell me what it looked like every night -" She turned to her cousin. "Finding this journal is huge!

"And . . . why can't we let Ford see this again?" Gideon asked.

"Gideon. My summers here in Gravity Falls have been nothing but boredom. My parents rarely let me out of the house and into the town. Just think what we can do with this journal!"

Gideon could see the adventures now . . . "All that sounds amazing, but, Paz, maybe there's a good reason your parents didn't let you leave the house . . .?" 

Pacifica waved that suggestion away. "All they do is give tours. My only friend is Robbie, but he works in the gift shop all the time."

Argh. Well, going on adventures was definitely better than being bored all summer. 

"All right," Gideon said slowly. "As long as we don't get caught."

"Yes!" Pacifica cheered. "Adventures, he we come!"

Their summer didn't truly start until Gideon encountered the gnomes. 

It had been a relatively normal day at first. Pacifica was needed to help with tours, leaving Gideon by himself. 

He spent the day exploring the forest - more specifically, the tree where the journal had been uncovered. He brought the journal for good measure. Just in case.

It hadn't been long before he heard someone shriek.

He slammed the book shut and started running in the direction of the screams. Was that Pacifica? Had she been captured by a troll? Goblin? That triangle guy? Zombies?

When he reached the source of the noise, he stopped.

Oh man. 

He had been way off. 

First of all, his creature guess had been wrong; a cluster of gnomes turned their heads to stare at Gideon.

And second, the girl they had captured was not Pacifica at all. 

The girl's long brown hair was spread around her as she struggled against the ropes that tied her to the forest floor. One gnome held a black headband with a large amulet that was presumably hers - the girl kept shouting, "Give it back!"

Gideon flipped through the journal until he came to the gnome page. He started to panic when he saw that Ford hadn't known what their weakness was.

Weakness: ??

"Uh, let her go!" Gideon blurted.

The gnomes stared him dead in the eye before bursting out laughing.

Gideon grabbed a stick and started swatting the gnomes.

Luckily, this did the trick. The gnome holding the headband yelped, dropped it, and ran off. The rest of the gnomes shrieked when the stick hit them.

One gnome remained, the one who seemed to be the leader. He stared at Gideon with an angry scowl.

"I'm going to smack you with this stick," Gideon warned.

"Ha!" the gnome barked. "I'd like to see you -"

A blue light formed around the gnome, who then started floating above the ground.

A brown-haired boy stood in between two trees, one hand on an amulet identical to the girl's. He glared at the gnome.

The gnome tried to struggle. "I see your point! I see your point!" he cried.

"Don't you ever trick my sister again," the boy threatened. 

"I promise! Let me go, please, we won't do it again!"

The light around the gnome disappeared, and the gnome himself dropped onto the rock he had been standing on and scurried off.

Gideon quickly cut the ropes that bound the girl to the ground and helped her up. 

The girl put her headband back on her head and smiled at Gideon. "Thanks for saving me," she said gratefully. "What's your name?"

"Gideon." What was with these twins?

"No time for introductions, sister," the boy snapped.

The girl scowled before turning to Gideon again. "Call me Mabel," she said. 

The boy gritted his teeth. "Mabel, come on."

Mabel rolled her eyes but followed her brother out of the forest. 

Gideon stared after the twins, rubbing his eyes. What the heck? 

He lost no time running back to the Shack before the girl came back and kidnapped him or something.

* * *

AUTHOR'S NOTE

And now the drama begins . . . hehe

Anyway, I was writing another Gravity Falls story yesterday, which is mostly why I didn't get this up sooner. But I hope you enjoyed this part! 

And there's a lot more that's going to happen in Reverse Falls, so stay tuned!

~ Fairytaled :D