Inconvenience Store: Part Seven

"The what?" Robbie asked in disbelief.

"It's a dance that Dipper had to do for one of our first performances." Mabel sniggered at the memory of her seven-year-old brother prancing around on the stage, getting laughs out of an audience. "He used to put on a lamb costume and sing a song about grazing."

Dipper's cheeks turned red with embarrassment as Mabel and Robbie started to laugh.

Wendy snorted. "I haven't seen this yet."

"And none of you ever will, because I'm not doing it," Dipper snapped.

"Aw, c'mon," Mabel said slyly, slinking up to her brother. "We're gonna get trapped in here if you don't - Pacifica's going to be stuck in a possession forever, you know -"

"If I only knew what ghost it was," Dipper grumbled.

"I'm thrilled to hear about this performance, Gleeful," Ghost-Pacifica sang. "Perhaps you need more space to do it?"

She raised her hand, which filled with blue light instantly. The shelves around them blew apart, creating a bigger space for her entertainment.

Ghost-Pacifica dropped her hand and stared intently at Dipper.

Oh no. Dipper wasn't about to do an embarrassing dance in front of everyone.

In vain, he tried to loophole his way out of it. "Well, looks like I can't do it," he said, shrugging. "I don't have a lamb costume."

Ghost-Pacifica snapped her fingers.

With a poof came even more laughter from Mabel and the rest. Dipper scowled, realizing that the ghost had somehow poofed a lamb costume onto him.

"You'll let all of us go," he said, "and leave Pacifica alone?"

"If you entertain me well enough, Gleeful." Ghost-Pacifica shrugged. "Do your dance."

"Here goes my dignity," Dipper mumbled, standing in front of the ghost. His pride was about to go down the drain with just a dance move.

He heard Gideon whisper to Robbie about something. Robbie pulled out his phone, beginning to smirk.

"No, don't you dare!" Dipper yelled, glaring at Robbie and Gideon. "Don't you dare videotape this! I'll erase your -"

"But, Dipper -" Mabel put on her baby-doll face, blinking at her brother. "You said we can't use that in public."

Dipper fumed inwardly and turned towards the ghost.

"The faster you do this, the faster we get out of here!" Wendy called.

Right. Like that was going to help his pride and dignity.

Dipper closed his eyes, took a deep breath, and mentally prepared himself for the horrors of what was about to come.

He opened his eyes and sang:

"Weeeeeeeelll . . ."

He pointed in different directions. "Who wants a lamby, lamby, lamby?"

Waving his hands was next. "I do! I do!

"So go up and greet your mammy, mammy, mammy - hi, there! Hi, there!"

Dipper started marching around the ghost. "Let's go march around the daisies - don't, don't, don't you forget about the baaabieees!"

At the final verse, he kneeled down on one knee and poked his cheek, forcing a big fat smile on his face.