| 40 | We Shall See...

"Your life is now mine," Naruto states, his voice cool and robotic, the sterility of his emotions such that it isn't possible to sift through the apathy in it, the triviality of life ringing true and clear.

He takes out a syringe from the inside of his cloak, the sharp needle glinting dangerously.

"Enjoy life in hell," Naruto tells the rogue Sannin as he plunges the syringe deep into Orochimaru's heart, feeling little to no resistance from the rib cage that had been severed by his Blood Star attack.

He seals the corpse of Orochimaru into a scroll.

"It's done," he murmurs, walking back to Tsunade who stared him with utter shock in her eyes. "Tsunade?"

"Yes, Naruto?" The woman hops to her feet.

"I want full travelling rights outside of the village."

"You know I can't do that..." Tsunade whines.

"But as Hokage, you can grant me full travelling rights like that of a Sannin," the jinchuuriki replies suggestively, a wordless implication.

"And why would I do that?" Tsunade demands. "As the Hokage, I must be responsible for the actions of my village, and I can't show favouritism either."

So now she cares about Konoha and her reputation as Hokage, what a hypocrite, Naruto idly comments in his mind, plotting his next move.

He licks his lips, tasting the words on his tongue to ensure their smooth delivery before opening his mouth.

Naruto answers, his voice hard and steely, yet speaking with the vagueness necessary for the beginnings to a proposition. "Call it... a training trip."

Tsunade is intrigued, the proposition a curious one, but nevertheless cocks her verbal gun to shoot down the target. "What for? The Hidden Villages are currently in a state of mutual peacetime; there's no need to train for war when it won't occur in your lifetime."

The red-haired jinchuuriki stares at her with a dubious gaze, the prosaic, mechanical gaze eliciting chills down Tsunade's spine.

"Religion, ideology, resources, land, spite, love or just because. No matter how pathetic the reason, it's enough to start a war."

Tsunade involuntarily takes a step back at the savage vitriol oozing out of a voice she hadn't thought possible to exit her godson's mouth.

She shakes violently, her instincts spiked, screaming: "DANGER!"

She readies herself in a loose fighting stance, unsure of whether Naruto poses as a threat to her.

The mouth is the gate to manipulation just as it is to emotion, and right now, he exudes resonant malice, the festering hate within him manifesting in a faint aura akin to that of black flames erupting around him.

That's it, ningen, feel your hatred... wouldn't you like nothing more than to kill the traitorous Senju?

Naruto shakes violently, refusing to give into his malevolent energies as he suppressed it by summoning the Sanguine Reaper.

And just like that, all of his hate vanishes like a phantom, the lingering effects that had plagued the two for a short while vanish in the heat of the second.

Tsunade releases a breath she hadn't released she had been holding, wiping beads of sweat off her brow with a handkerchief.