| 10 | Baptising in Blood

What is it that you think of when somebody mentions a "dark void"?

A dark expanse of space? Completely black, for that is the colour associated with darkness?

That isn't entirely possible, as the void is nothing. Something that our minds can't possibly comprehend.

Unfeeling. Not oppressing, nor happy. Imagine that, just for a second...

~~~

"When d'you think that he'll wake up?" A gruff voice asks.

"No clue, but his sword disappeared," a stupidly high-pitched voice answers.

"Why don't you two go outside? I'm sure that you'll get tree climbing this round, Sasuke."

The Last Uchiha grumbles before stepping outside. Sakura is soon to follow, leaving Kakashi at Naruto's bedside.

"Would Obito have been?" Kakashi murmurs, ruffling Naruto's hair as a brother would.

He stares off into space, just as Naruto's eyes snap open.

Instantly, they blink a great ton, allowing Kakashi to divert his gaze.

"How long have I been out?" Naruto inquires, hopping off the bed on which he had been lying on.

"A week," Kakashi replies, standing up from the chair he had been sat.

I must've been out from chakra usage overload.

"How's the bridge? When'll it be finished?"

Back to business already? He takes his career seriously.

Kakashi grimaces. "Well, there's been some complications."

"What?" Naruto snaps, but discontinues a possible tirade and allowing his mentor to continue.

"Zabuza is alive. After you fell unconscious, a hunter-nin from Kiri took Zabuza, likely to—"

"Heal him. The hunter was an accomplice."

"Correct," Kakashi sorrowfully says. "Expect our next confrontation in a week. Train."

He leaves the room, but not before putting his hand on Naruto's shoulder and patting it.

Naruto growls. I am not a pampered child that needs emotional support for everything!

He exits the room in a huff.

Stepping outside, he finds himself in a dining-living area the size of two rooms but with a wall removed.

Seeing the kitchen active and alive, he sweeps out of the door, but not before hearing a: "Wait a moment, young man!"

Naruto turns around to see a woman, most likely related to his client.

"And you are?" He politely asks in a light tone, though his body language said otherwise.

"Tsunami," she replies, taking long strides forwards to shake his hand firmly. "And you?"

"Naruto Uzumaki. Now, I'm about to train so call me in for," he looks outside a nearby window. "Lunch."

"You shouldn't be going outside! You were just incapacitated!" She protests.

Naruto turns to face her with a steely gaze. "You'll find that I am perfectly capable of handling myself, Tsunami-san."

He sweeps through the door that he knows leads outside to find the last group of people he wants to see.

Ignoring them, he ventures deeper into the forest before he summons his sword, bent on practising some new techniques that he has in mind.