2. Sewers

A knock on Bill's window startled him from his desk and turn towards his window. He was expecting Georgie for a moment as he turned towards the window, he recognized a familiar black hoodie.

He got up, unlocking the window and opening it wide. "K-K-Katherine, what you d-doing here?" Bill asked quietly.

It was nine at night so his parents were asleep by now but he couldn't help feeling nervous.

"My mom and her boyfriend got in a fight again," Katherine stated, her hood covering most of her face as she tried to climb in which she had trouble doing.

Bill wrapped his arms around her and pulled her in his room. "She's still with M-M-Meth Seth?" Bill asked.

"Yes," she answered, removing her hood revealing a cut above her collarbone, near her lip, a large cut on her cheek and was cradling her arm to her chest.

Katherine had always came to Bill's house every time her mom and her tweaker boyfriend had a fight. She always stepped in to protect her mom despite her never doing the same for Katherine. Katherine had stopped coming to Bill's less since Georgie went missing and had snuck into Richie's, Stanley's or Eddie's place to get any injuries cleaned up or for shelter for the night. Most of the time she didn't need to sneak to Eddie's most of the time because his mom knew her well and took her in from her mom's from most of the time.

"Jesus," Bill said, looking her face over. "W-W-What happened?"

"Seth threw a beer bottle at me," she answered. "I didn't do a very good job at dodging."

Bill took a step back. "I'll be b-back. I'm going to get some f-f-first aid shit," he answered.

Katherine nodded and sat down on Bill's bed as he exited the room. She reached her hand up to touch her face, her finger coming in contact with blood.

A short moment later, Bill returned with an ice pack of peas and a wet washcloth. He sunk down on the bed next to her. "I-Is your arm okay?" Bill asked.

She lowered the hand she was holding against her chest and rolled up her sleeve where there was already visible handprint on her arm.

Bill frowned at the mark as he gently placed the ice pack of peas, her arm resting in his lap. "M-M-Maybe you should stay out of the h-h-house longer than a d-day," Bill suggested.

"It's fine," she told him. "You know this doesn't happen as much as it did the first month."

Bill began to wipe away at the blood on the cut on her cheek, making her flinch let him keep going. "Still-"

Katherine chuckled, "Billy, I'm fine, okay?"

Bill sighed, knowing he couldn't talk to Katherine about running away or leaving her mom despite if she left her friends, he wanted her to be safe. She just wouldn't agree with it.

"Are you s-staying here tonight?" Bill asked, now moving to clean the blood under her nose.

"If that's okay with you," Katherine responded.

"Of c-c-course it is," Bill replied. "You t-take my bed and I'll take the floor."

"No," she objected as Bill handed the rag over to her so she could clean the cut on her collarbone, lying back on Bill's bed. "Just stay in bed with me. I don't feel safe sleeping by myself."

Bill nodded although his pale cheeks began to turn red. "Will you feel okay to go to the b-b-barrens tomorrow?" he asked as he reached over to shut off the lamp nearby.

Katherine nodded as she dropped the rag and ice pack on the floor, lying on her side, her back to Bill. "If even I was sick, Billy, I'd go for you because I know how important it is for you to find your brother," she answered, tiredly.