10. Monsters Among Us

It's been a month since the losers had split apart. After Mrs. Kaspbrak took Katherine and Eddie to the hospital, she got a medical boot for her ankle that had a clean break. She could still walk and pedal her bike with the boot but not without limping. Once she had her boot, she left without saying goodbye to Eddie.

The only time anyone ever saw her was at Stan's bar mitzvah and she sat at the very end of the bench far away from Richie. Before anyone could talk to her once it was over, she was already gone.

It wasn't until August when IT made an appearance back in their lives and Bill was the one to realize this. He went to the Marsh apartment to talk to Beverly when he found Alvin Marsh bleeding and probably dead in the bathroom, Beverly gone and in her room on the wall, words were written in blood 'You'll die if you try'.

He ran off to find the others. He had found Richie at the arcade, Stan at his house, called Eddie, Ben, and Mike. He had tried to call Katherine's house for but no one answered.

The losers that all met up-Bill, Eddie, Stan-all decided to go to Katherine's home to look for her since no one has seen her in a long time.

All the losers stopped in front of their house and Bill climbed off his bike.

"Eddie, w-w-when was the last time you saw K-K-Katherine?" Bill asked.

"At the hospital. The doctor said she went home," Eddie answered.

"And she was at Stan The Man's bar mitzvah but she left before I could ask her why the fuck I haven't seen her?" Richie asked.

Bill went up the walkway to the house before knocking three times. He tried to glance at Katherine's window to see if she was there but he didn't see anyone.

The door opened shortly, revealing Amy Walker with a cigarette in her hand. "Look, I'm not buying what you're selling, kid," she told him.

"N-N-No, I'm Katherine's friend, Mrs. Walker and I-"

"Oh, yeah," Amy said with a smile. "William, right?" The boy nodded. "Well, sorry to break your heart William but Katherine isn't here."

"S-She's not?" Bill asked.

"No, kiddo."

"Do you kn-kn-know where s-s-she might be?"

"Try Hemlock park. Some of her other friends have been coming over a lot to bring her over there," Amy answered, taking a drag from her cigarette.

"Other friends?" Bill questioned.

"Yeah, older kids. Maybe 15 or 16."

"Amy, who's at the door?" A voice called from inside the house.

The woman glanced back wearily. "Just some kids, Seth," she answered.

"Kids?" Shortly, Meth Seth had appeared at the door beside Amy causing the woman to walk back in the house. "We're not interested in your raffle tickets."

"You're S-S-Seth?" Bill questioned. He had heard about Seth from Katherine but has never actually seen him.

"Depends why?"

The losers had heard that this was Seth causing Richie to drop his bike and walk up to the house.

"Richie, what are you doing?" Eddie questioned as him and Stan followed him.

Richie turned into a hot head and glared at the man, stopping beside Bill. "You're Meth Seth?" Richie asked.

"I don't know what you're talking about, four eyes," Seth responded.