Chapter 19

Rain gets heavy outside.Curtains are flowing getting the blow of wind around balcony.Thunders are sizzling,striking up above the sky.Amidst all those natural turmoil,Shivaay and Anika are looking at each other forgetting every damn thing.

Unlike outside commotion,their hearts are calm to know all the unknown feelings floating and shimmering in those two pairs of eyes-blue and hypnotic.

How long have been passed,there is absolutely no idea.Very suddenly,they stand up,leaving their seats,come face to face.There is a little distance in between them to cross.Anika's dupatta is flying around Shivaay,touching him delicately.Those blink-less pair of eyes still staring.

To interrupt that seemingly staring session,a bold thunder howls with all its power then strikes which produce a deafening sound.
Fortunately or unfortunately,Anika startles and with that,sense knocks into her.In return she gets extremely frightened.Her shoulder and face shudder and immediately she jumps into Shivaay's arms who has stood right in front of her,taking his name aloud.

There Shivaay was standing all numb,by senses when that happened.Neither he moved nor said anything.At present,Anika has thrown herself over Shivaay with all the force she could manage.Feeling those very particular feminine warm and soft touches,Shivaay's freezing mode disperses and he turns into normal being.

Eyes blink finally and he responds to Anika's terrified touches.He puts his hands around her protectively with his chin on her head while holding her close to his chest.
Cold rain-wind is brushing them but they are warm enough in each other's arm.

Time keeps on passing.Eventually Anika withdraws from the hug and opens her eyes.Freeing herself,she stands at a little distance from Shivaay and tries to fathom the situation.On the other side,Shivaay too moves his gaze off her and looks away.He glances at her again,this time with a decided smile.Anika breaks the silence-

A:  Woh,I am afraid of the sound of thunder.Let's go inside.It's quite cold here.

Without waiting for Shivaay,she heads for the balcony door but stops taking few steps ahead.She takes a look over her shoulder.One corner of her dupatta got stuck in Shivaay watch,at his left hand.Anika turns and meets his eyes.Fixing his gaze on her,Shivaay removes her dupatta.Very slowly he lets go that off his hand.Anika turns her back then goes inside,leaving Shivaay behind without saying anything.

Around 10 pm

_____________

Shivaay is seen standing in front of the closed door of his bed room.He says-

S:  Anika,will you care to open the door now?What are doing in the room since evening?How long I have to wait?Either open the door or say something.Anika?

He knocks.Anika comes hurriedly at the other side of the closed door and says-

A:  Why are you getting so impatient Shivaay?I am opening it.But do you remember what I said to you?

S:  I am closing my eyes.Have closed.Now plz open the door.This suspense is literally killing me.

A:  Are you sure your eyes are closed?

S:  Should I sign some papers then you will believe Anika?

Smiling Anika pushes aside curtains then opens the door.Coming out of the room she finds Shivaay is standing closing his eyes.Anika brings out a strip of white cloth and blindfold him with that.He says getting surprised-

S:  Why have you blindfolded me Anika?

A:  Very simple.To give you surprise.