Chapter[8]

You see, Nate thinks none of this would have happened if he just gotten suspended for punching Connor

You see, Nate thinks none of this would have happened if he just gotten suspended for punching Connor. If he had gotten to go home then he wouldn't of seen Josie kiss her ex and upset him in a way he didn't even think was possible.

If Alaric had let him go home, then he wouldn't have to be watched like a psycho. He wouldn't need MG around him all the time to make sure he doesn't snap and ask to see his dad.

And if he had returned to New Orleans then he wouldn't have to be here listening to Lizzie rant about her sister kissing the so called devil. "I know Elizabeth. I was there, can we not?" He's pretty sure she suspects his feelings but who cares. "Bad enough to see, don't add to it." And now the blonde shuts up completely. 

Of course only for like two seconds "You're such an asshole. I liked you better before you decided to be nicer. What change, Prince?" She almost does and he realized that maybe he's always too harsh on her. Not that he's ever tell her that obviously.

So instead, he scoffs and walks away to check everything is in the boot. The twins are going to visit their mom and therefore they get to leave Mystic hell. He envies then for it.

Ok, but only a bit.

When he checks everything off, he's got a list in his head, Nate turns to go tell Lizzie and go back inside. When he does turn, turns out Josie's there too. "Hi Nate, glad I could see you before we leave." He's told himself to be angry at her because A) her ex hurt her plenty and B) she told him she wouldn't go back to her but then remembers he's not her boyfriend and so he doesn't get a say.

And it totally has nothing to do with the fact that she's smiling so brightly at him that he can't help smiling back. Realizing he's actually got feelings for her messes with him a lot and he hates it, but that's not why he's no longer angry at her.

Smiling the blond nods " Yeah, I probably won't see you until after spring break." Or at least he hopes not because he needs tone to go back to being his cold self again. When Josie's out of sight Lizzie rolls her eyes at him. "It's annoying Nathaniel, make your damn mind up about how you feel." Then mocks him, mumbling his earlier complaints again and again.

So yeah, he blamed Alaric for his suffering. In many ways than one, Nate still doesn't really have his phone back and therefore it's gonna take a lot of effort to call him mom. He's planned on doing so for quite some time, but now he definitely wants to just to make sure she takes him home.

Harriet can say no all she wants, but all it takes is him to break into tears and she'll be in Mystic Falls taking him home. One drop of a tear or even a hint of one has always worked ever done his dad died. Plus this kinda, sorta has to do with his dad being dead so he's not really lying.