CHAPTER[2]

•First game•

"I don't give a shit about Landon's safety

"I don't give a shit about Landon's safety." It appears that Landon faked being compelled by MG and stole a knife on his way out of the school.

That knife could be dangerous and the human has no idea. Nate couldn't careless about Landon or the stupid knife, he just wanted to skip football because they always lost. It was basically a rule since they couldn't actually even try due to their powers.

Being voted Captain was no help either, all he knew about the game was useless if they had to loose. Alaric knew that, which is why he wouldn't let Nate use his powers. The headmaster also informed Hope that Nate was not to go on the journey to find Landon, which is who Nate with arguing with.

"I know, but you have a football game. They need you." The recycled speech he received from Alaric every season was no help either. Nate knew he didn't really have a choice, Alaric doesn't always say no because he knows that Nate would help them out so much. But that doesn't mean the werewolf gets free passes.

As they arrive to the car Raphael seems to be doing something he shouldn't really. "What are you doing?" Hope asks, she seemed like a woman on a mission. The new werewolf was basically like Landon's brother and therefore didn't want them to go after Landon without him

Which is why he had broken the sway bar,not that Nate even knew what that was. The conversation between Raphael and Hope gets more intense, at which point Nate decided against letting the older kids argue their way.

"Your best friend did that to a bunch of people on a bus yesterday and I am the only one who knows how to find him. So give me the engine thingy." Hope tries to reason with the boy even though she could just magically take it off of him.

Having seen Raphael's stance, Nate steps closer to Hope because a werewolf with anger issues is unpredictable. Even though Hope can protect herself. "No" Raphael refuses and it's understandable, he wants to save his best friend. But meddling isn't the way to do so.

"I have actual magic powers."

Raphael doesn't seem to be intimidated by that statement. He instead looks both of them in the eye and then back at Hope again. "And I have a long history of anger issues." Which only seems to annoy and piss off Nate seeing as Hope was being threatened and he doesn't like his family being threatened.

Stepping forward, with glowing amber eyes the Labonair speaks calmly, but a hint of aggression in his tone. "And my anger issues are worse, so I suggest you take a step away from Hope." He doesn't step back, despite being shorter than and younger in age.