CHAPTER[10]

You wanna know how long he spent in New Orleans? Nate would say not long enough, but the events that happened would say otherwise

In the time he was gone, Landon came back and oh boy is he pissed off about that but he's letting it slide because Hope looks happy. Lizzie and Josie were able to keep the talent show going-he got hourly update texts from Lizzie-Raphael confessed his feeling for Hope-boy he say that one coming.

Jed also said that he's heard from one of the witches that Penelope is leaving-he's not sure why- and that last full moon MG killed Landon. Raphael bit MG and to make a long story short? It all went to shit.

No easier to say it.

But now, it's the Miss Mystic Falls ball. He's just gotten back and the equipment are already being brought in.

As he's walking into the building, Lizzie spots him and he can just tell from her face that she's going to say something he doesn't like. But during his time home, his mom had said that he needed to lighten up and that he's acting like a totally different person.

So he's trying it now, be more positive! Even if faking it is killing his soul somewhere. Very slowly. He manages to not think about killing when Lizzie greets him with "Prince Wolfie! Oh how I've missed your bluntness." Okay, firstly he's pretty sure that's not supposed to be a good thing and why does Lizzie look so much happier now.

"Did you know that the whole reason Josie lies about Hope spilling my secret is because she had a crush on her? Unbelievable, but so not the point. Point is, now you can stop biting my ass about being rude to your Cousin. We're cool now."

Hold on, he's missing a critical point here. He knows that, but Josie lied about something because she liked Hope? Firstly stupid because that's childish and secondly, he would of been more heartbroken if he hadn't realized how truly worthless sulking over a freaking crush is.

Therefore, he's just going to nod his way through this "awesome, anything else?" Because he wants to go to his room, shower and get back to his routine. Lizzie looks him over and smiles "loving the haircut Nate, looks way better." And then she's busy because of some reason or another and he's free to head back to his room.

If he, by some chance, sees Josie wave at him he doesn't return it. Just nods in her direction because if there's one thing he's changing it's his attitude towards the girl. He's been giving her more credit than he thought.

She's not perfect and that's fine, but he needs to go back on focusing on being himself.

He's on his way to his room, through the main library because it's faster, when he spots Hope and Landon. Also picks up an oddly familiar scent that he can't recognize just yet. "Nathaniel hey!" And he can hear the dread in Landon's voice and maybe he was wrong to scare the living daylights out of the dude.