CHAPTER[11]

Nate was in his room, exhausted from the madness today-but hey! At least he got to hit Roman,right? Eh, not that satisfactory

But that isn't why he's in a nasty mood, to be honest he does not truly know why he is in such a mood-there's just this feeling telling him that nothings okay. It could-probably- have something to do with why Hope is upset but she does not talk to him anymore.

Not as she used to anyway, it is like they aren't even at the same place.

The door to his room opens and he narrows his eyes because he's barely spoken to the park witch in a while. She texted him updates once a week whilst he was away, but that was it really. He didn't think she'd come to say goodbye, rather thought she would wish to see him burn along with the rest of the world.

"Hello." Penelope says, her voice uncharacteristically quite and traces of hesitation are heard. This is not good news he think, she's not supposed to be upset. She was happy about leaving and he's happy for her-but what is the issue? "Hey, come sit." He pats the blanket next to his window seat. The girl takes longer to come sit next to come and that's saying something.

They're silent for a few seconds, both unsure on what to say and how they're to act. It's the raven haired witch that speaks "I'm leaving first huh?" it reminds him of a time-before she got into a relationship with Josie-where they were high on a Sunday and quietly talking to one another. Voicing their thoughts on how they can't wait to just finish and get out of mystic falls, for different reasons sure-but it was a thing they had in common.

Nate smirks a little, then he's saying "I left for a few weeks though, doesn't that mean I win?" Because what else does it mean? He got away and came back in a better mental state. He did need this, to be around his pack and that was what the boy needed to heal. He's healed inspire a little.

Penelope chuckles-though it's more of a snicker really "Doesn't came, you came back a soft bitch." And that results in Nathaniel's own small laugh because god! He did. He's been back less than three days and he already regrets the sudden change of heart. He's not going to be nice to everyone just for the sake of it. He'll be a decent being, but the Labonair believes that's enough. "Let's not speak of that, didn't last long.."

And there it is again, that silence. The daunting silence that grows on and on as they avoid it. She was his first friend, said they were as bad and screwed up as one another. Nate used to resent her for being so right, but now he doesn't. He'll miss her if anything, she's like him a little and that means the raven haired irl knows what to say and when to say it. But he'll be caught dead and then again before admitting that he'll miss her.

Perhaps that's why he settles for this:

"Don't die soon, I'll need your bitching to get through this alone." And he knows she'll assume he'll miss her, but she won't ever be so sure until he tells her more. Penelope knows Nate, Nate knows Penelope but they don't know just how well yet.